Chapter 7

Savannah's POV

I stood in one of Hayes' many spare bedrooms, staring at the walk in wardrobe.

Once we had ate the pancakes, we have a small conversation of upcoming events and what I would need to do before two of Hayes' many assistants came by with the rest of my clothes.

'How much money does this asshole have?' I thought to myself before shaking my head and unzipping my suitcase which Hayes had picked up for me.

I sat for around an hour, organising my clothes, shoes, accessories and my other possessions into the assorted slots and cabinets before I stood back and gazed around the open space, finally pleased with my things being organised.

"Sav?!" I heard Hayes shout as his heavy footsteps sounded upstairs. "In here!" I shout back as I zipped the case and placed it in the corner of the wardrobe before walking back into the bedroom.

"How are you settling in?" He asked politely, leaning against the doorway. "Fine, thank you. Did you need something?" I ask. "Yeah, I need you to attend a press conference this afternoon. And possibly another one tomorrow." He smiled lightly.

"No can do. I can comply for today, but I have a shift at the hospital tomorrow." I refuse and begin dismending the cardboard boxes to store them away.

"It's in the contract." I huffed and turned to face him, placing my hands on my hips. "I have a job Hayes, you can't just expect me to drop all of my responsibilities just to save yours."

Was he serious?

I understand I may have to give up a few privileges for the meantime until our "relationship" came to an end but I can't have that affecting my job.

"Did you fully read the contract? Everything that you are required to do was in the contract, that you signed may I remind you. So for tomorrow, you're just going to have to make an exception." He grumbled before walking downstairs.

"Get dressed! We leave in 20 minutes!" He yelled and I forcefully threw my middle fingers towards the doorway. I stomped angrily to my wardrobe and changed into a more "formal" attire, slipping on a pair of 4 inch black heels.

I grabbed my earrings and headed downstairs, standing in front of the hallway mirror. Once I had them on, locked and secured, I placed everything I needed into my purse before turning towards Hayes who seemed to stare at me in a dazed.

I snapped my fingers in front of him, making him snap from his little starstruck moment. "Come on. You don't want to be late, do you?" I smirk, confidentially walking away towards the doorway.

I heard him mumble under his breath but chose to ignore it as I walked towards his chauffeur's car which the guy kindly held the door open to for me. "Thank you." I smile at him politely but his response shocks me.

"No problem Mrs Calloway." He shut the door after me and proceeded to enter the drivers seat. I stare hard at Hayes as he enters the other side. He looked at me with confusion as he sees my expression.

"Mrs Calloway ... really?" I growl as he smirks. "Well, you're going to be my wife pretty soon. You may as well start getting used to it now." He chuckled as I refrain from throwing my fist in the direction of his face.

We made it to Hayes' conference within 20 minutes which was actually being held in his building in the middle of the city.

We walked in through the doors, hand in hand as photographers snapped pictures and yelled ridiculous questions like...

'Hayes! Who is she? Your new girl of the week?'

'Is it true you got that girl pregnant?'

They even had the guts to question me.

'Is he paying you to sleep with him?'

'Are you a courtesan?' (Prostitute)

Hayes tightened his grip on my hand as the word slipped out of the woman's mouth who asked the question, stopping in his tracks.

He turned to face her. And boy he wasn't happy.

"If you must know, by any means, I have not paid my girlfriend for any duties. Don't you ever let me hear that word come from your mouth directed at her again, or so help me I'll make sure you'll loose more than just your job." I was shocked to say the least.

I bit my lip from adding any further comments and remembered what I was doing and why I was doing it before forcing my body to continue walking, taking Hayes with me into the building and entered the elevator before slapping my palm against the cold steel wall.

"Seriously! What is wrong with people in this country?!" I shouted frustrated before crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't listen to them Sav. You're not a prostitute." He rubbed my forearm as a kind gesture before resting his arm by his side. "Thank you." I murmured as the doors slid open, leading us to a long hallway.

"Time to go in." He sighed, opening the door to the soon to be filled but very empty conference room.

"Ready?" He asked as there was a knock at the door, shortly after we had arrived.

"Not like I have a choice." I huffed and straightened my suit jacket, making sure I looked presentable for the conference.

"Let's get this over with."