Chapter 29

Narrators POV

"Too yellow." Savannah shook her head as her and Melissa browsed through decor ideas for the wedding.

"Too plain." She groaned.

"Too much." She scrunched her face at the overly puffy flower in the centre.

"Too... big."

"That one's not wide enough."

"It's- oh for fuck sakes will you just pick a fucking table cloth already!"

They had been discussing ideas for over 2 hours and a quarter of that time was making a decision on what table cloths to use for the reception dinner.

"I like that one." She pointed to the grey velvet sheet. Melissa let out a relieved sigh, noting it down in her notepad before moving onto the flower arrangements.

"I'd like a mixture of light grey and champagne pink roses." Savannah says right off the bat, making Melissa glare at her. "You can pick out flowers just like that but it takes you nearly 20 god damn minutes to pick out table cloths?" Savannah bit down on her lip, trying to prevent her laughter from spilling.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you." Hayes entered the office he made for Savannah as she liked to work from home at times as well as work on her designs. "Do you know what you're getting yourself into by marrying my best friend?" Melissa raised an eyebrow at Hayes, making Savannah giggle at her words.

"Let me guess, took too much time picking table cloths?" He guessed, looking onto the desk to see multiple pictures and lists of the needed essentials for the wedding. "I wish you luck. Anyway, I gotta get going. I'll call up and order the flowers and table clothes then we can discuss party favours. I'll see you tonight." She smiled, kissing Savannah on the cheek before excusing herself out the door.

"How is my beautiful fiancée doing?" He mumbled, pulling Savannah up to her feet as he placed a short but sweet kiss onto her lips. "Better now you're here." She replied, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I think Jenny is coming over tomorrow to help with some of the wedding planning. She's being helping out with bridesmaid dresses." Savannah said making Hayes snort.

"I don't know how you convinced her to be a bridesmaid. She hates dresses." He laughed. "Well I promised to let her pass on wearing heels so she agreed." She giggled making Hayes smile.

"How was work?" She asked as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Today we passed the mark of earning back twenty percent more than what we lost last year to that scandal." He smiled, resting his chin on her shoulder. "That's great news babe." She kissed his neck lovingly as her hands tickled up and down his back.

"Where's my mother?" He asked yawning momentarily. "She's not long gone for a nap. I made her some soup earlier." She kisses his cheek before pulling back, walking over to all the designs and asserting them into a "yes" and "no" pile.

"Are you sure about going out tonight? I mean, how are you feeling?" Hayes questioned. Tonight was the night they had chosen to have their bachelor/bachelorette parties and worried was an understatement for Hayes. "I feel fine. Honest. Melissa agreed it was only going to be a small night out with the girls." She smiled at Hayes' concern.

"The boys wanted to go clubbing, but I got them to agree to having a few beers at the pub. I don't really fancy a big night out." He shrugged, handing a bundle of the pictures to Savannah. "I don't want to go out at all but the boys insisted to drag me there themselves if I didn't go. I think Brayden is tagging along to." He reveals, making Savannah shocked.

"Brayden? My brother, Brayden? How did you convince him?" Brayden wasn't the drinker type, he'd rather sit at home gaming. "Colton has his ways." He chuckled. "I guess you should start getting ready. I'm sure the girls will be here soon." He rubbed her shoulder as a small smile appeared on her face. "Are you okay?" He asks, kissing her forehead. "I'm fine. Just a little light headed." She sighs, refraining from yawning.

She wanted to go out with the girls. She wanted to live normally, have a normal night out, have a normal routine, it was like everything reminded her of her illness and she was sick of letting it control her.

"I can cancel with the boys, we can stay home if you'd like to." He offered, kissing her forehead. "No. I want you to go out and have a good night. I want to do the same. Feel normal for once. I can't let it control me." She was determined to get better. Not just for herself. For Hayes.

Savannah placed all of the papers and ideas into separate folders and placed them in her top cabinets before turning to Hayes. "Baby, if- No Hayes." She cut him off before anything could be said. "I'm sticking to what I said. You're going to go out and enjoy you're night and I'm going to do the same." She nodded, trying to talk herself into it more than talking Hayes into it.

"If that's what you want." He stared into her eyes as his hands connected with her cheeks as his thumb stroked across her cheekbone. "It is. Then I want to come home, order late night food and cuddle with you in bed with some movies if that's okay with you." She giggled, quickly pressing her lips against Hayes', making him pout at the shortness of the kiss. "Sounds great." He grinned like a Cheshire cat before she kissed him once more.

"Now, I gotta get ready as do you." She announced, walking out of his arms and into their bedroom.

Within the next hour, Hayes, Devon, Colton, Chase and Brayden had all ubered to the Emperor whilst Savannah, Melissa, Jenny and a few distant friends all made their way to Grace.

"Ready girls?!" Melissa shouted excitedly whilst pulling Savannah and Jenny with their hands to the doors.

'Oh please let me survive this night.' Was Savannah's last thought before walking through the large purple double doors.