Chapter 17

Hayes' POV

I stare up at the clock as I click a pen in my hand.

I was going onto my 6th meeting of the day and couldn't wait until I was back home in bed.

"Mr Calloway, your next clients are ready." My assistant came through the door with her schedule book in hand as I thanked her and asked for her to send them in.

"Please take a seat." I offer the 5 men a chair as they placed their idea scripts onto the table. "Pleasure to meet you Mr Calloway." One of the men offers me his hand as I shake it firmly. "Pleasure." I nod.

"So let's see what you have for me."

I lean back comfortably in my chair, waiting for the first man to speak his investment plan.

"Over the course of the past two years, your company has gained over 100 million dollars. Maybe even more. It came to terms with me that this building is the only site of your company that is ongoing. It crossed me that not only San Francisco has recently had new building sites, but so has New York." As soon as New York was mentioned, I was bought.

I had been working so hard to get my company expanded to New York for the longest time but with so little sightings of new openings, I hadn't had the chance.

"Sounds great. I'd like these blueprints handed over to my construction team immediately. I'd like to take up on the idea. I'll make sure 15% is added to your next pay check from the company you work for." I smile, handing the blueprints to my assistant, before asking for them to be taken to the tech room for a more precised landscape overview.

Out of all the meetings I had that day, only two ideas made it past onto the border room for planning. It wasn't much but it was a start for the new month.

After finishing a load of emails, sending and responding to letters and brushing up on my latest projects, I had my assistant book in tomorrow's meetings before I made my way out of my office.

"Good night Mr Calloway. I'll see you tomorrow." The main desk assistant waved me off as I gave him a smile, making my way to my car. Plugging my phone into my car to connect the speakers, I dial Savannah, starting up the car.

"What?" She snapped. "That's no way to greet your fiance now, is it?" I teased as she let out a stressed sigh. "What's wrong?" I question concerned. "What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong. My parents have just called twenty minutes ago to tell me that we are joining them for dinner tonight at the Grand Plaza, giving me..." She paused momentarily before bursting out in panic.

"Two freaking hours to get ready! Oh my god Hayes, please tell me your on your way home right now. I can't find anything in this stupid room of yours since you had to get a maid to store all my clothes instead of letting me to it myself!" She growled.

I smile at her outburst, along with hearing the word ' home ' come from her mouth.

"Yes muffin, I'm about 10 minutes away." She growled at the nickname. "Why were you calling anyway?" She asked. "Well I was going to pick up dinner on the way home but I guess your parents have already decided on that one." I chuckle, hearing her throw a mini tantrum.

"If you had picked up dinner, what were you going to get?" She asked with a curious tone. "Your favourite." I smirk hearing her gasp. "Salt and chilli mix box?" I could almost hear her moan at the thought.
"That's the one." I laugh as I pull into the driveway.

"Are you almost here? I can't find anything." She sighed. "Just got here muffin. I'll be up in a sec." I grin, waiting for her reaction but she just sighs and ends the call.

"Oh muffin! Where art thou muffin?" I laugh as I run upstairs into the bedroom. "Oh- I- sorry, I'll just..." I turn on my heel as I walked into Savannah dressed in nothing but her black laced bra and matching panties. I mentally groan at the sight, missing the way she looked.

"Nothing you haven't seen before. Help me!" She cried, throwing what looked like to be the 11th dress onto the bed. "Oh .. I like this one." I smirk as I hold up the black lace dress, winking.

"Hayes, we're having dinner with my mum and dad, we're not going to a club

"Hayes, we're having dinner with my mum and dad, we're not going to a club." She sighed. "Maybe not, but we could." I wiggle my eye brows suggestively as she just throws a shoe at me.

"Once again, stop abusing me." I growl. "Stop being such an ass and help me!" She complains. "Oh move out the way." I huff, walking into the closet, roaming through her dresses. "There, not too slutty, not too formal. We're having dinner with your parents, not the god damn Queen." I huff, throwing a pair of matching heels on the bed and leave for her to get dressed.

" I huff, throwing a pair of matching heels on the bed and leave for her to get dressed

"Asshole!" She shouts as I just laugh, waiting for her to get dressed.

Sooner or later we had arrived at the resteraunt and was greeted with Robert and Issabella, Savannah's parents at the middle table.

"Oh my baby! I have missed you so much." Savannah's mother greets her with a hug, making me smile. "Hi momma." She says, kissing her cheek. "I'm guessing Brayden and Jenny are at home?" I frown, not seeing her siblings anywhere. "Yes dear, Jenny is still at college just now and Brayden is... Brayden." She chuckled.

"How is my lovely daughter doing?" I hear Savannah's father behind me, instantly making her jump into his arms. "I missed you dad." She smile into his shoulder. "I've missed you more princess. Now, where is Calloway?" He asked, not beating around the bush.

"Robert." I cough, making him turn to me. "Hayes. Good to see you again." He shakes my hand firmly before I greeted Savannah's mother with a kiss on the cheek.

"Now... What have we missed?"