Chapter 14

Savannah's POV

"You kissed him?!" Melissa yelled in the locker room as I forced my hand over her mouth. "Shh! Keep your voice down!" I whisper shouted before removing my hand.

"He kissed me." I revealed, making her eyes go wide. "Are you serious?!" She yells again, making me slap her arm. "Ouch." She whinces. "Keep your god damn voice down." I sneer, flipping through my afternoon schedule. "Yes. I happened all of a sudden, I don't know how, but it just happened." I groan as I begin to feel a headache starting.

"Your phone is ringing." Melissa pointed out making me turn. I open my bag, pulling out my phone to see Hayes is calling me. "I finish in half an hour. I'll be home soon." I sigh, not really wanting to talk to him at the moment.

"We have a problem." He spoke, sounding stressed. I rose to my feet, pacing back and fourth. "What do you mean, we have a problem?" I panic. "My parents are in town. They are staying with us for a few days." He reveals. I let out a sigh in relief. "Oh my god. I thought someone found out." I say quietly, making sure Melissa didn't hear me.

Hayes had me swear not to tell her, even though I felt guilty keeping it a secret... I couldn't tell anyone. I wouldn't risk it.

"Wait.. Why is that a problem?" I ask confused. "I think that is better discussed at home. " he sighs. "What time do you finish today?" I look towards the clock, seeing that I only had 2 hours left. "5." I tell him. "Ill pick you up. See you soon." He mumbled, not giving me a chance to answer as he quickly hung up the phone.

The next two hours dragged as slow as possible and soon, I was walking out of the hospital, being greeted by a nervous Hayes.
"Goodnight Savannah." I hear Frank say as he opens the doors for me. "Good night Frank." I smile, heading towards Hayes. "What's the problem?"

"My mother is in town. Guess where she's staying." He smiled , opening the car door for me. "Seriously? Since when?" I ask smiling as he closed the door, jumping into his side. "I was meant to tell you. She called last night but you were gone early this morning for work. They're only here for the weekend though." He noted, driving off back home.

"Where is she now?" I ask as I open the door to the house, being greeted with the smell of spaghetti. "They're already here. Time to act." He mumbled into my ear, wrapping an arm around my waist as we walked into the house.

"Oh hi Savannah! It's so nice to see you again!" I was instantly greeted into Elizabeth's embrace. I frowned, feeling that she had lost more weight. Her face was drawing in and by the look on Hayes' face, he was about to break any minute.

"How about I help with dinner?" She nods slowly as I help her walk back into the kitchen, pulling out a seat for her. "What the hell is he doing here?" I hear Hayes growl beside me. "Hayes... Not now." I whisper, turning to him. "Please excuse us." I smile towards Elizabeth before slightly shoving Hayes backwards out of the kitchen.

"Didn't you know he'd be here?" I question confused as he begins to build up his anger.
"No. My mother didn't mention it. I thought she'd be coming into town on her own." He walked through the hall, into the bathroom to splash cold water on his face. I pass him a hand towel as he dries his face.

"Hayes, I know what you're thinking and I know how hard this must be for you." I try to sympathise with him but that only made matters worse. "Your father didn't abandon your mother whilst she had cancer, did he?" He growled in anger. I was taken a back and made my way to return downstairs but Hayes was quick to speak up.

"I'm sorry Sav. I don't mean to snap at you. He just makes me so fucking mad." He grips his head in his hands. I frown, hating that he couldn't be settled in his own home.

"I know. I get it. But please just hold it together. Do it for your mother. Do it for you." I hesitantly rested my hand on his back for comfort but taking me by surprise, he embraced me in my arms. "I can't thank you enough for this." He sighs. "You don't need to thank me. I mean sure at the beginning, the idea of all of this revolted me but you ain't so bad." I say making him chuckle.

There was a moment of silence before Hayes spoke with a nervous look. "I forgot to mention one thing earlier." He bit his lip and took two steps back. "There is only one room they can stay in." Which was mine.. shit. I huff in realisation. "Okay well I'll sleep on the couch. Problem solved." I smile, clapping my hands.

"Then have them asking questions why the happy couple sleep in separate rooms?" He points out. "Are you serious?" I scoff.

"Looks like your rooming with me this weekend." He smirks.

Can this get any worse?