Chapter 10

Savannah's POV

I woke up with a groan, wincing when the sun blinded my eyes.

I rolled over to avoid the sun but was disappointed to be greeted with an empty bed.

I stood up and stretched before making my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hayes?" I call out but he didn't answer.

"Hayes? Oh Hayes I-" I cut myself off when I thought Hayes came from the bathroom but instead it was one of the maids.

"Oh sorry Miss Savannah, Mr Calloway left a while ago. He told me to tell you he'd be back for lunch. He had a meeting this morning that's why he left so early." The woman -who I'm guessing was called Sarah according to her name tag- informed me and I nodded.

"What shall I prepare for your lunch Miss Savannah?" Sarah asked politely as I gave her a smile. "I'll let you surprise me. And please, just Savannah. No need for formalities." I nod in agreement.

Soon, the door opened and Hayes barged in, sweaty and all.

"Hey, I was wandering where you had gone off to." I smile as he bends down, untying his shoes. "I was at a meeting." He said blandly. "How are you feeling?" I ask, folding my arms. "Fine." He breathed heavily. "I need a shower." He moved past me, and walked upstairs, avoiding eye contact.

I look back, watching as he walks upstairs, barely acknowledging me. "Is everything okay?" I shout up but he continues to walk and disappear from my sight.

Several moments later, Hayes returned in a fresh suit, before making a small breakfast for himself which mainly contained sereval types of fruits which he began eating silently.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it. But just know I'm here for you." I spoke up, watching as he ate the majority of his food before washing up and walking out without saying anything. He froze momentarily before sighing.

"I need you to attend a charity event slash dinner party with me tonight. I picked up a dress for you. It's upstairs. I'll pick you up at 5." And with that, he turned to the door, still avoiding me, and left the house once again.

"He'll come out of his shell soon, just give him time." I jump as I heard the voice of Sarah behind me. She gave me a sympathetic smile. "I highly doubt that." I sigh. "Is he always like this?" I question curiously.

"I am not supposed to know much. But living with him on a daily basis and working for him gives me enough insight to understand him. He is a kind hearted man Miss Savannah, it just takes the right person with patience to understand him." She gives me a comforting shoulder pat before walking to the laundry room.

I hold my head in my hands, hoping that the oncoming headache would subside. I had time to kill, it was only 7:30 so I decided to spend half an hour watching random tv programmes, an hour mindlessly cleaning out of boredom, trying to clear my mind before I then decided to shower, do my business and start to get organised for the charity night.

*5PM*

I looked at the covered dress and unzipped the bag, revealing a stunning black low v cut, fitted dress with a leg slit and silver band attached at the waist, along with a pair of black heels that laced around the front of the foot.