Chapter 25

Hayes' POV

"We just bait them in, get the truth, retrieve their evidence and all is good in the world." I smile, patting Savannah's shoulder as we staired down to the floor of the ballroom from the balcony.

It was my parents anniversary. Every year they throw a huge celebration but I could tell my mother wasn't feeling it.

It pained me to watch her get weaker and weaker as the days went on by. I noticed Chase had been taking a break from the company and helping more at home with my mother. Colton tried his best but it's understandable because of his kids he wasn't around as much as Chase and I were.

Joseph? He did exactly as I predicted. Comes and goes. Just like always.

Pathetic.

"Yeah but what if it isn't as easy as that?" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as she sent daggers with her eyes towards Charlotte. "The art of seduction." I wink jokingly, receiving a punch to the shoulder. "Have you got a better idea?" I ask as she just looks away. "What's the approach?" She clears her throat, leaning her hands on the balcony rail.

Savannah and I were currently on the second floor just outside my office as we peered over down to the bottom floor, trying to figure out ways to each get Charlotte and Richard alone into separate rooms to get the hardrive of the contract back.

After figuring out how they stored it off the security cameras, we quickly figured out a game plan, hence why we are having this unplanned event tonight.

It didn't really matter to us that they knew about the contract. It was invalid at this point ever since Savnnah and I had that conversation before our engagement party.

"I don't care how you do it, but find away to persuade Richard into that second office there." I point to the office that was directly across the floor from mine. "The whole outdoor balcony is connected. Stay put in the room when you get him in there. I'm sure it won't be too hard to convince Charlotte to meet me there." I smirked.

She just rolled her eyes. "You're such an ass." She scoffed. I smirk, closing the gap between our bodies as I took hold of her hips from behind. "An ass that you love." I mumble into her ear before walking back into my office. I heard her follow behind as I walked around my desk and opened the top left drawer, pulling out an ear piece for myself and Savannah and two small mics.

I gesture for Savannah to walk over, which she does, so that I could clip on the mic onto her dress in an area where it couldn't be seen and helped put the ear piece in place. "That's a false accusation you have just made Mrs Calloway." I tease, tucking the mic under the neckline of her dress. "I don't recall ever marrying you, Mr Calloway." She giggled as I took hold of her waist. "Not yet." I whisper, closing my lips onto hers as she replies back with a peck.

As I pull back, I notice the small smirk that she tries to hide by biting her lip.

Oh how I wanted to just bite that lip.

I snap out of my fantasy, before reaching for my mic, attaching it on my shirt under my tie. Savannah lets her hands slide up my shirt, stopping at where my tie knotted to put it into place. "You ready?" I ask, kissing her precious lips once more. "Mhm." She mumbles, leaning on her tiptoes to peck my lips again before releasing me.

"Let's get this over with." She rolled her eyes as she walked away, descending downstairs towards the bar where Richard stood with a glass of whiskey in his hands. I glared at him in pure hate before my eyes landed on Charlotte.

Discreetly making my way towards her, I stop momentarily as I hear Savannah's voice ring in my ear. "Can I get you a drink?" Her cute little giggle made me smile but shortly disappeared as I heard Richards voice very kindly accept.

"You got this baby." I mumble, knowing she could hear me through her ear piece. I turn to see a hidden smile on her face, inwardly hoping it was me who caused her to smile before I dreadfully made my way to Charlotte.

"Can I get you a drink?" I offer as I sat on the bar stool beside her. "Wow Hayes Calloway, offering me a drink? I'd be mad to turn that down. Dry white wine please." She smirked, finishing off the glass she already had. "To what do I owe the pleasure of having this conversation with you?" She giggled, making my eardrums hurt.

That was no way as cute as Savannah's.

"I was hoping to have a word with you." I say suttly as she looks at me. "In private." I whisper leaning closer as she smirks. "Lead the way." She bites her lip, holding the glass in one hand as she tries to walk upstairs in her ridiculously very tall heels.

Once I make it to the top of the stairs, I look back to see Savannah already entering the opposite office behind Richard, staring back at me. She sends a wink, making me chuckle before she closes the door.

Show time.

I close the door behind me about to turn to walk to my desk when I was shoved against the door, nearly attacked with Charlotte's crusty ass lips. I shove her back, not too hard to make her fall, but enough to create some distance.

"You must be real desperate if you thought I brought you up here to fuck you." I spat in disgust as I grab her by the arm and make her sit down in one of my seats.

"Now I'm just going to get straight to the point. The hardrive. Where is it?!"