Chapter 23

Narrators POV

Hayes and Savannah headed back out as the guests mingled with others, chatting away happily.

"Omg! This is real! You're actually getting married!" Melissa had managed to catch them on the way out. "Hi Mel." Savannah forced a smiled as they both pulled each other in for a hug.

She hated lying to her best friend, but even with the contract invalid now, there was no way Melissa would let her live it down if she told her now.

"I wasn't interrupting anything, was I?" Melissa asked, noticing the couple were about to step outside. "We were just going to have a few moments alone but-" Savannah was cut off by the movements of Melissa's eyebrows going up and down in a suggestive manner.

"For a clean conversation Mel. Get your head out the gutter!" Savannah laughed, nudging Melissa's shoulder. "I'll see you inside later." Melissa chuckled before her eyes settled on a waiter, holding a tray of champagne filled glasses. "That's my cue." She nodded and clipped her heels all the way to the waiter.

It was silent for a few moments. The sky grew dark and if it wasn't for the click of the handle on the doors, the pair wouldn't have noticed that they were the only ones out on the balcony.

Savannah shivered, wrapping her arms around her body as much as she could. Hayes quickly noticed and removed his suit jacket, draping it over her shoulders. "Thank you." She said, her teeth rattling from the coldness. "Would you rather chat upstairs inside?" Hayes offered as Savannah agreed quickly, wanting to get away from the cold.

Hayes followed her upstairs, making sure no one saw so they could have a few moments to themselves. They were grateful for the amount of people who came, showing nothing but love and support, but they rarely had a moment together all night.

The pair snuck into the room, closing the door behind them as Savannah settled down onto the soft matte black cushioned sofa that was placed directly in front of one of the many windows that was in the room.

They had a direct view of the sunset, the courtyard, the garden and even the windows that gave view of the opposite end of the ball room that the engagement party was being held in.

Hayes grabbed a glass from the cabinet along with the scotch whisky pouring it to fill the glass halfway. He took a sip, leaning against the desk as he looked over to Savannah. "How are you feeling?" Hayes asked as she rested her head on her palm. "I'm okay." She whispered as her eyes felt heavy.

Hayes looked at his glass for a moment before setting it down, not bothering to finish it as he made his way to the sofa, sitting beside Savannah. "You don't have to hide your feelings from me Sav. You should know this by now." He slung an arm around her shoulders, letting her rest on his side.

"I'm just tired." She smiled weakly, letting her eyes close. "We can go home. Our driver is still outside, I can page him and we can go right now if you want to." He offered making Savannah look up to him with an expression that said, 'Are you for real?'.

"This is our engagement party. We can't just leave." She giggled. "Exactly. It's our engagement party. Therefore if we want to go home then we can go home." He stated with a lazy smile.

She looked at him in awe, flutters erupted in her belly, as a warm feeling surrounded her heart.

"And miss the opportunity to see you mess up the dance? Hell no!" She giggled, making him smile. "Which is in fact just about to be announced so move your big butt out there." She smirked, grabbing his arm and making him follow her all the way down to the dance floor.