Chapter 26

Hayes' POV

"I'll been a while Hayes. Gotta say, I have missed seeing you in a suit." She smirked, sitting in one of my chairs.

Remember to disinfect that before you leave.

"How have you been?" I fake a smile, pouring two glasses of wine before handing her a glass. "Better than ever." I click my tongue, before leaning against my desk.

"Well that can't be true if your luring me into your office. What is it? Is she not satisfying you enough?" She giggled, leaning up to rub a hand over my knee. "If you must know, my fiancée is pleasing me just fine. Thanks for your concern." As I put emphasis on fiancée, her face dropped.

Taking a sip of my whiskey, I place it down onto my desk before leaning forward. "Now. I have a very important charity event currently running downstairs without the host being present. So let's just cut to the chase, shall we?" I move forward, gripping onto the arms of her chair.

"Where's the hardrive?" Her eyes became wide, her voice becoming non existent as she failed to answer my question. "As a very busy man, I don't have time to waste nor do I like repeating myself Charlotte, now where is the fucking hardrive?" My patience with her ran very thin.

"I have no clue what you're talking about Hayes." Her hand trailed up to grip my tie before smoothing over my chest. "Why are you with her anyway?" She deadpanned. I roughly grab her wrist, pulling her up to pin her against the wall. "Don't make me ask again." I growl angrily, a flash of fright crossed her eyes. "She can't please you the way I do." She smirked, giggling.

"You're right." I said, making her smile. "She's better than you." Her smile dropped as she roughly pushed me away. "I haven't got you're stupid hard drive. Richard does." I tried to spot any sign of a lie but found none. I release her, taking away her glass before opening the door. "Get the fuck out. And that means off my property altogether." I growl, making her run out the door.

That's when all hell broke loose.

The faint scream, that I knew was Savannah echoed across the hall.

"Get off of me!" My legs waisted no time in sprinting across the floor into the second office where Savannah was and kicked the door open.

I saw red. The sight of Richard forcing himself onto Savannah made my blood boil. My hands acted before my brain as I gripped the bastards shoulders before throwing him to the floor.

My fist collided with his face multiple times before I heard a crack as blood spurted from his mouth. "Don't you ever lay a hand on my girl again, or next time will be worse! Do you hear me?!" I spat in his face. He coughed up blood as he let out a groan.

"Hayes." I heard a whimper behind me. I turned around, seeing Savannah curried into the wall, frightened. I heard heavy footsteps come upstairs before the door was barged open. "You guys took your fucking time. Get him off my property, and make sure that slut Charlotte is gone to." I told my security as they dragged him out, making sure to keep it discreet as they closed the door behind them.

My heart broke as I saw Savannah shaking in fear, her dress ripped from the back. I shook in in anger, instantly pulling her into my arms as I took off my suit jacket, pulling it over her shoulders. "You're okay baby. You're safe. I've got you." I whispered soothingly as she sobbed into my shoulders. "I got it." She forced a smile as she showed me the hard drive.

I kissed away her tears, shoving the hard drive into my inner pocket, wrapping my arms tightly around her back. I whispered sweet nothings into her ear as we rocked back and forth on the spot. "You good?" I mumble, kissing her forehead as I feel her nod into my chest. "I want to go home." She whispered, pulling back slightly but still kept her arms around me.

She looked so tired, not physically, but emotionally and mentally drained. I felt so lost as I didn't know what I could do to help. Every passing day, her illness gradually got worse. And it hurt me to see the love of my life in pain.

"I'll text our parents and let them know." I say as I help her walk downstairs and outside to where I had parked. Like the gentleman I was, I opened the door, allowing her to slide into the car before we drove home in a comfortable silence.

It was now 8pm, Savannah was in the shower, as I lay down in bed, scrolling through Netflix to find a good movie but was distracted by the buzz of Savannah's phone. It was just an unsaved number that popped up on the screen so I ignored it, but then got curious as they left a voice mail. I unlocked the phone, instantly seeing over 15 voicemails and 20+ calls from the same number, happening from the past 3 weeks.

I clicked on one of the voice mail and pressed it to my ear, keeping my eyes on the bathroom door to make sure Savannah didn't come out.

'This is an automated voicemail from General Hospital. This message is for Savannah Marshall.
Your last appointment was on July 17th, 2019. You are overdue a follow up appointment for a medication renewal prescription. Please give us a call and we can schedule an appointment as soon as possible."

The phone beeped three times before the voicemail ended and my jaw clenched.

Why the fuck wasn't she taking her medication?

Anger filled my veins as I heard the bathroom door open, Savannah emerging out with a towel tightly wrapped around her petite frame.

I show her the screen as her eyes widened.

"You have some serious explaining to do."