Chapter 24

Hayes' POV

Waking up to someone next to you was a nice feeling, but finding yourself laying next to the love of your life was more than words could describe.

We got home around 1am, I tried to persuade Savannah to go home a little earlier but everytime I ask if she was okay, the smile she was able to put on her face amazed me, making me feel ease.

I watched as she danced with her parents, as she laughed the night away with her friends, partied like every minute counted. In which this case, it did.

Looking over to my side, my eyes lit up as her small body was curled into my side. Her leg drapped over mine as her arm rested upright on my chest just beside her head.

Even with last night's makeup on, hair tangled and sprawled everywhere and a tiny bit of drool on her chin, she was still the most beautiful stunning woman I had ever laid eyes on.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by my phone buzzing on my bedside table. Quickly but carefully lifting Savannah off me, I grab the phone, stepping outside to answer so I wouldn't wake her up.

Devon.

"Why are you calling so god damn early Dev?" I groan yawning. He was my best friend since I could remember, we grew up together and were close but as our own companies took off, we hadn't had much time to catch up.

"I'm guessing you have just woken up?" He asked. "Obviously." I grunt. "That means you're still in the bedroom?" He asks again as I grew confused. "Yes. What's that got to do with this conversation?" All I wanted was to crawl back into bed and wait for Savannah to wake up.

"So you haven't been in your office yet?" He asks nervously. I grew confused as I began walking down the hallways to my office. "No. Whats this about Dev?" I yawn, stopping at my office as I realise the door was left open.

Strange. I locked the door before we left the house.

"The venue was literally in view of the house. Keep in mind I was drunk off my ass. I thought it was you, but before I was gonna check, I saw you dancing with Savannah in the ball room." He rambles on as I walk into my office, checking everything out.

"Don't quote me on this. But im 99.9% sure that I saw your ex Charlotte drag that douche bag Richard Kylen in there." He reveals as I grit my teeth. "And you're just telling me this now?!" I whisper yell as I close my office door, searching for anything abnormal.

That's when I saw my cabinet door wide open where my business documents were stored. "I didn't think anything of it at the time!" He whisper yelled back. "Wait, why are we whispering?" He mumbled making me roll my eyes at his immaturity. "Sav is still asleep, I don't wanna wake her." I huff, sitting in my chair, surfing through my laptop to check for anything abnormal.

"Aww he actually has a heart." He cooed through the phone as I just rolled my eyes again. "Shut the fuck up." I grunt, looking through my files. "Well none of the business plans seem to be corrupted." I reveal, making him sigh in relief. "Well that's good. Is the business deal still in the works for the opening in Tokyo?" He asks.

Not only was this dimwit my best mate, but also my closest work partner. He was like the second chairman who done one half of the travelling to the companies that were expanded world wide.

"Yeah, that's been set up for the beginning of February once I finalise a few things for the opening in Sweeden." I note. I search my files throughly, finding nothing abnormal. "There's nothing here that seems to say it's been hacked." I say... but then quickly panic.

I had a copy of the contract on here.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I mumble, checking my emails, seeing a copy had been sent to Richard's email, Savannah's ex.

"What's wrong?" I hear Devon panic. "Nothing. I nearly deleted an email I needed. All's good. Thanks for the heads up Dev." I quickly end the call and run to the bedroom to wake Savannah up but seen an empty bed.

As soon as the bathroom door opened, I saw a very tired but beautiful Savannah re enter the bedroom.

"Good morning." She smiled. As much as I wanted to have a good day with her, there was no way I could keep this from her.

"We have a problem." I spoke in a panic as she looked at me confused. "A big one." I say seriously as my brain thinks at a thousand miles. I sit at the edge of the bed, running my hands over my face frustrated.

"What's the problem?" She asked concerned as she sat beside me. There was no other way to tell her than to just say it. I didn't want to hide it from her. I couldn't.

"Charlotte and Richard know about the contract."