Two

He ignored my last sentence, exhaling and leaving me sitting in a random chair, trying not to touch anything with my bloody hands.

I closed my eyes- clearly seeing the man who ran into my house

His face, his tattoos, his hair, and even the outfit.

I opened my eyes as I heard someone walking to me

I kept my head down, trying not to attract anyone

Ashton.

As I did charting with a nurse, a familiar paramedic came up.

"I just handled a gunshot victim, I'm getting word that the mom is being questioned by the police, but the daughter of the victim is sitting in the hallway, I'm suspecting a broken nose, she's got a lot of bruising and may need some stitches, but her dads blood is all over her, I suspect he was close to her when he was shot." He spoke to me slowly.

"Okay" I exhaled, glancing to the nurse.

"Get me an exam room, I'll be right back."

I went into the hallway, immediately seeing a teenage girl.

She was staring to the ground, but I could see that she was certainly bloody.

Her hands, her clothes, her hair, everything.

Her knee bounced rapidly, and I felt for the kid, I really did.

"Hi sweetheart" I approached cautiously, knowing that she had just seen her dad her shot, she was probably on more than high alert.

She looked to me slowly, revealing bruising throughout her t-zone, the slightest disturbance in her perfectly aligned nose- if I didn't see the bruising, I wouldn't have thought it was even broken.

She had a cut right across the bridge of her nose, which is where I'm sure the impact that broke it was placed.

"I'm Doctor Ashton Irwin, your mom is currently being questioned by the authorities, but how about you come with me so I can clean you up and check out your nose?" I asked her slowly.

"I'm fine" she mumbled slowly.

"You may feel okay, but you're in shock, as soon as that goes away, you're going to be in a great deal of pain." I informed her.

She made eye contact with me, making me notice the dry mascara that had ran from tears.

She seemed so tough- so raw.

"I'm going to be okay- I'm just swollen" she spoke.

"Well how about I get you some different clothes then?" I spoke, which slowly caught her attention.

I took that opportunity.

"I have some sweatpants and a t shirt that I'll gladly let you have, but you have to come with me so I can clean you up." I mumbled to her.

"I need to stay here to wait on my dad" she spoke.

She was a tough cookie to crack.

I got an IPad, making her tell me his name, where I pulled up his chart, seeing quite a history, but clicking on the most recent updates, which were three minutes ago.

Surgery

"He's been taken into surgery, which could last hours, but no less than an hour at least." I told her, seeing her knee bouncing almost even faster.

"Come on, let's get this blood off of you."