Eighteen

Michael.

"One more step up" I told her, watching her drunk body accomplish the last step to where I could get her to her room.

I laid her in bed, watching her immediately pull the covers over her body.

"I'm going to miss this" she hummed.

"What are you missing?" I asked her.

"I'm gonna miss being not dead" she spoke.

Why were they both so sure they were going to die?

"You're not going to die." I told her confidently.

"You don't know that." She spoke.

"You're more than safe-" "the cops aren't going to watch over us forever." She stated a fact.

"And they're never going to catch him, so I'm expecting them to give up any day now" she hummed.

"How do you know they won't catch him?" I asked her as she closed her eyes, clearing her throat.

"Even if they do catch him- we still aren't safe." She spoke, sending me into pure confusion.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Because there's more" she hummed as if it was no big deal at all

"How do you know that?" I asked, trying to pry as much information out of her as I could.

"I should not be telling you all of this" she laughed out, but ended up shrugging.

"My husband was stupid- he got us into some stupid shit and now that he's dead, we have to pay the price for it." She slurred out.

What the fuck.

"I need more details" I spoke quickly, but her eyes were already relaxed and closed, her body wasn't stiff anymore, she had fallen asleep

So I went to my second choice

I knew it would be harder to get answers from her, but I was certainly going to try.

I ran downstairs, immediately seeing Andrea, Cal, Ash and Luke watching a movie.

"Andrea" I spoke, catching all of their attention.

"Can I speak to you in private?"

I prayed she came with me so that I didn't have to throw all of my accusations at her in front of the guys.

I knew she was already embarrassed by her moms actions, saying "I'm assuming your dad is in debt with bad people" most probably wouldn't make things much better.

But thankfully, she stood, following me into our guest bathroom.

"What's wrong?" She immediately spoke.

"Who did your dad do business with that got your family into trouble?" I asked her quickly.

I saw for a split second- panic ran through her face, but she recovered well.

"What are you talking about?" She seemed genuinely confused.

She would win an Oscar if she was an actor.

"Your mom told me that your dad put you guys into a situation and that you'll never be safe. So tell me the names of the people." I spoke firmly.

She kept her confused face on.

"Michael- I have no idea-" "Andrea, I can not keep you safe if you don't talk to me about this." I tried to get it through her head

She wasn't willing to talk

"Shes drunk and obviously not coping well from the death, She's trying to make up a reason in her head as to why someone would kill him- and that's what she came up with."

I just stared at her

"I think you know more than you're telling everyone."