Thirty-four

She woke up about two hours later, immediately tucking her head into my neck, bringing her arms completely around me as if she wanted me to hug her.

I didn't hesitate to hug her.

"I completely lied about not liking hugs" her tired voice spoke into the fabric of my shirt, making me laugh lightly.

"I had a feeling" I told her.

After a few more minutes of just holding her and allowing her to wake up more, I sat up.

"Come on, Cal made breakfast and I can take the bandaids off." I told her, watching her sit up slowly.

I gave her time in the bathroom before she came out, holding her abdomen.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm- uh, still bleeding" she spoke quietly, I knew it was an embarrassing and touchy topic, so I tried to handle it as simple as I could.

"That'll probably continue for another day or two, are you having cramps?" I asked her.

She nodded slowly.

"Okay, we'll get you some cramp medicine and cooling rags." I told her, watching her remove her hands from her tummy, moving to me, holding my arm and walking downstairs with me.

"It's cold" she pointed out as we entered the kitchen, which wasn't actually that cold.

"I'll get you a blanket" I told her, pulling a bar stool at the kitchen out for her.

I quickly grabbed a blanket, draping it over her shoulders as she sat at the barstool, watching Calum out a cinnamon roll in front of her, which she just looked to,

After waiting a few moments to see if she would eat it, I took a piece of it, eating it to prove to her that it was safe.

"You're fine here, princess"

I watched as she reached for a piece of it, her hands were shaky.

Was she scared?

"Princess, are you scared?" I asked her.

"No?" She asked me, seeming confused.

"Why are you shaking?" I asked her, making her focus to her hand, which she instantly grabbed to make stop.

"I don't know" she mumbled.

Calum and I exchanged a small glance before I looked back to her, seeing her thankfully taking a bite.

"Do you feel okay?" I asked her.

She gave us a small shrug, sending off all the doctor signals in the house.

"What doesn't feel good?" Calum asked her quickly as I immediately stood, going to find the thermometer.

"I just don't feel great overall" she told him slowly.

As she ate, I touched the thermometer to her forehead, pulling it away once it beeped.

"No fever" I told Calum, seeing his eyebrows move together.

"I'm just like- tired and a little nauseated." She told us as Luke and Michael entered.

"Nauseated?" Michael spoke quickly, as if he was expecting her to say that.

"Yeah" I answered for her.

"Talk to me" he spoke, turning her chair to face him.

She focused to him.

"Are your muscles achy?" He asked, rubbing her shoulders gently.

She slowly nodded.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Yes and no" she slowly answered.

"I feel weird" she told him before he could speak again.

"Try to explain that feeling to me" he spoke.

"Like- I want something, but I don't know what it is." She spoke, and the alarm hit all four of us in unison.

We are in the early stages of withdrawal from whatever drug he was giving her.

"We gotta start a detox before it gets bad." Luke immediately spoke.

"Run to the store and get a lot of electrolytes, stuff to keep her hydrated and small snacks that will fill her stomach, I'm going to the hospital to get an IV kit and fluids." Michael spoke to Luke as he grabbed his keys off the counter.

"What's wrong-" "you know that shot the man would give you that made you to numb?" I spoke to her, earning a nod.

"He gave it to you so much that your body is addicted to it, and you're starting to go through withdrawals because it's all out of your system." I told her, seeing her frown increase even more

"so what's going to happen to me?" She almost panicked, making me bring her into my arms

"You're going to be perfectly okay."

You're about to go through hell, but we're going to be sure that you're okay.