Seventeen

two days later

"Why is she not back?" I panicked to Ashton, who sat on the couch, trying to calm me down.

"Shes not answering the phone and she's been gone for three hours- a grocery run does not take three hours!" I panicked to him, feeling him grab my wrists, stopping me from pulling my hair.

"Police officers are following you both everywhere, Andrea" he spoke calmly.

"What if the person that took her was too fast-" "Andrea, you're freaking yourself out." He spoke.

I just knew she was dead.

I knew it.

Marcus had killed her and I was next.

"I'm next." I spoke- seeing Ashton's eyes narrow.

"They're going to kill us all- first my dad, then my mom-" "who is they?" Ashton grabbed my face gently, finally making me actually focus on everything I was saying.

I thought about what to say.

"The person that killed my dad-" "that's not a they, you're referring to multiple people-" The door opened, making him go silent.

My mom stumbled in, immediately embarrassing me.

"Are you fucking serious?" I immediately spoke, feeling Ashton's hands tighten around me.

"What?" My mom slurred.

"I thought you were fucking dead!" I almost yelled, making the other guys enter the room,
clearly confused as to what was going on.

"Not dead yet" she gave a drunk smile.

"It's noon, you don't text or call me back for three hours and then you come back here, drunk as hell?" I shot to her.

She hiccuped, leaning into Michael, who assisted in holding her up from falling.

"Like you said" she spat to me

"We all grieve in different ways, let me do me."

I watched as Michael helped her to 'her' room, making me look to Ashton, Luke and Calum.

"I'm so sorry." I spoke, realizing the scene that we had caused.

"We understand" Calum was the first to speak.

"Your mom is having a really hard time processing all of these emotions" Luke spoke slowly.

And I wasn't?

"Let's just give her another day or two to get all of the wild hairs out of her system, but if it gets to a concerning point; we will handle the situation as doctors, but right now- we need to just be her friend." He finished, making me slowly nod.

"You're not alone" Ashton spoke, making me look to him.

"I know you probably feel as if you're grieving alone, but you can talk to all four of us, anytime of the day or night" he told me firmly as the guys nodded in agreement

"Thank you" I exhaled do them.

"We just want you to know that you don't have to go through anything by yourself."