Ten

"Don't speak to other adults that way, Andrea" my mom spat to me.

"I'm trying to be logical, mom-" "you're a kid." She spat to me.

I'm a kid?

A kid raising myself?

"So because I'm seventeen years old, I can't give my input?" I spoke to her.

"No, and if you're going to have this attitude, you should leave." She spoke.

"You know what" I laughed out

"I will" I spat, getting up and immediately leaving the room.

And without anyone chasing me, I left the hospital.

I walked the two miles home and walked into my disgusting, blood covered living room.

I exhaled, wondering what the fuck I was supposed to do with the murder scene in my living room.

I exhaled, sitting in the recliner, looking to the scene, playing back in my head everything that happened.

I didn't even get to tell him goodbye

The door opening brought me out of my thoughts, making me immediately stand, trying to quietly move to where I couldn't easily be seen.

My mind went straight to someone coming to kill me.

But instead, I watched a man in police uniform enter.

"Andrea" he called out.

"Right here" I responded, making him look to me.

"You're not supposed to be here- this is a crime scene-" "it's my house-" "and your house is a crime scene."

He had no sympathy.

"And you left the hospital without informing anyone, do you realize how dangerous that is?" He spoke to me.

"Everyone in that room knew that I was leaving-" "the room, they didn't realize you were leaving the hospital." He spoke firmly.

"Well- they shouldn't have pissed me off" I mumbled, keeping my gaze away from him.

I heard his sigh before he stepped closer to me.

"I know that there's a lot going on in your head right now." He suddenly got nicer, making me glance to him.

"But sitting here and staring at the spot that your life tragedy happened isn't going to make it any better." He spoke.

"So come with me, I'll take you to get a drink or just ride around until you cool down to where you can be around your family again." He spoke to me slowly.

I agreed.

I followed him to the cop car, thankfully he told me I could ride in the front seat.

And like promised, he drove me around.

"I recommend you and your mom moving out and getting into a better neighborhood" he spoke as my phone rang, but it was a number I didn't know, so I ignored it.

"She probably won't." I told him quietly.

It rang again, the same number.

Weird.

"Even if it comes down to your safety? Like you're in a horrible neighborhood and school district" he spoke.

"She knows, I remind her like everyday" I mumbled, looking to my phone, which was ringing again- this time I answered.

"Hello?"

"Andrea, where are you? Are you okay?" Ashton's voice rang through the phone.

Was he worried?

"Yeah- yeah, I'm fine, I'm with a police officer, we're riding around until I can calm down from my mom-" "please come back, we want you at least in the same building as your mom so we don't have to stress the cops as much." He spoke swiftly, making me roll my eyes.

"Okay- I'll tell him we have to go back" I mumbled to the phone.

"Thank you, I'll see you soon"

I agreed, hanging up the phone after.

"We have to go back to the hospital" I spoke to him, watching him nod

"I thought so- the person on the phone sounded worried" he spoke, laughing lightly.

But why would he be worried about me?