Water

Poseidon's POV,
I ran towards my son and wrapped my arms around him. I cried into his shoulder. He was alive. He was here.

"I'm so sorry." My voice cracked as I said it. I never thought I, a god, would cry so hard. I had spent the past five years regretting every word I'd said that night, coming up with things that I could've said. Wondering where my son was and if he was okay, how his mother was taking it. I wanted to cry all the time. I was so upset. My favourite son had left because of me and the only thing I could do my sit there and cry about it.

I gripped Percy's shoulders not wanting to let go of him fearing he'd dissapear again. He wouldn't look me in the eyes. He stared at the ground. I saw the tears in his eyes and felt the pain still lingering in the air.

"What happened?" I asked worried. "Your- Your Commander, how come you haven't revealed yourself yet?"

"Omega, commander, protecter, forgotten one." He looked up. "They forgot. I faded from existence. Chaos was the only person in the world who cared about me it seemed. He took me in as commander and treated me like a son. He helped me find new friends in the army. Everything here changed. I can never go back."

I found myself not jealous of the creator but happy that he did what I couldn't. That he hid my son from pain and gave him a new life. Then again I felt sadness creep up on me at the pain in Percy's eyes.

"I'm sorry. I really am."

"I know Dad. I'm not ready to forgive yet but I can try." He hugged me and at first I was surprised but soon eased into the embrace. When he let go I sat back down by the water dipping my toes in. This time the liquid didn't curl away from my touch. I smiled. I glanced at Percy who was staring at it longingly. His eyes held guilt and desperation. I saw the way his fingers stretched towards them only to pull back, tucking away in the black sleeves of his cloak.

"Go on, you can touch it."

"No I can't." He said as he shook his head. "It changes the colour. I touched a blocked off river and the whole thing permanently changed. I can't let the campers figure out my descent."

I grabbed his hand and pulled it towards the water. "Just say I did it."

I saw him lurch away. "Really?" I nodded. My son jumped to his feet running towards the go forest edge. I thought he'd leave when he came charging at the lake. He jumped in cannon balling. He let out a laugh of joy that hurt my insides. How could he have been so sad then suddenly so happy? I gave him a smile. I watched as the water changed to its former glorious state in seconds. It spread across Long Island lake in the span of a few seconds. Percy dives under the water and I saw his head pop up twenty feet in the distance. He screamed in joy as he willed a wave to carry him up into the air.

His joy spread across the waves until it hit me. It made me wonder how he could do that? He had the ability to change the emotion entire crowds by swallowing it with his own. I felt happy for my son as he swam across the water. When he returned he was smiling like crazy. He threw back on his cloak covering his soaked cloths.

"What?" He asked. I realized I was smiling.

"Nothing, just glad your okay, I guess."

"Okay..." he turned towards the camp. "We should be heading back."

I nodded and followed him away. I heard a faint whisper from the water.

He's back.

————————————————————————
      Annabeth's POV,
      I saw the way my mom looked at Poseidon and Omega as they walked out. Suspicion laced her eyes. I knew she was thinking, I was wondering the same. Who was Omega and what did Poseidon want with him.