And I thought you didnt like me

Percy's POV,
          "Ow!" I winced as a French frie hit me in the eye. I glared at Leo who laughing so hard his hair bursted into flames again. I growled and raised my hand to throw a fire of my own at him but then stopped to put it in my mouth. No use in wasting good food, especially when it's blue.

        "I think in two weeks, that's the first time you've eaten anything at dinner." Will said as he came over and sat down next to Nico. I rolled my eyes.

        "I eat, but only if it's blue." Luke chuckled at that and I hit him in the arm. Leo pouted in the corner.

        "Back to what I was going to say," the son of Hephaestus exclaimed drawing attention to himself as always. "I heard everyone got a goodbye except for the Great Mcshizzle."

         He put a hand to his heart acting as though he'd been stabbed in the heart. I rolled my eyes.

         "What? I didn't get a goodbye?" Nico and Grover said in unison. I put my head in my hands. So that's what's important, not that I'm going to die.

          "I'm only human, you guys. I can't say goodbye to everyone at once."

         "Actually, you're only part human, part god." Perseus said and I threw my half eaten French frie at his face. He ducked and the frie hit some poor Aphrodite walking past. She screamed and dropped her food. Our whole table laughed as she glared at us and stormed off. I turned to Grover, Nico and Leo.

"I love you guys, you've been some of the best friends I've ever had." I smiled and stood up, spreading my arms. "Now come over here and give me a hug!"

They ran over and we had a group hug. They parted smiling. We all sat back down after I ruffled Nico's hair and he growled. I watched as the not so little guy went and sat next to his boyfriend. I tilted my head to the side.

"It feels like just yesterday you were a little kid who was attached to his big sis and mythomagic cards." I chuckled and Nico glared at me as Will stared at him in shock.

"Mythomagic cards?"

"Oh yeah, Neeks was obsessed." Bianca said nudging Will. The three continued an embarrassing rant about Nico's childhood hobbies. I tuned out after a while. I looked over my shoulder at the sevens table. They were the only ones I hadn't said goodbye to... after all this time of telling myself I don't need them, I still remain loyal. I still loved them. They were my family, they'd always be and that's what hurt the most. I'd fade from they're memory again as soon as I'm gone while they'd still have a place in my heart. Maybe that's what that feeling is, why it's there. Maybe it's because we have this empty space in our hearts for those special people, it can only be filled by them but sometimes they never come. Maybe I'd have to live with that feeling forever.

I watched as everyone around me got up from their seats while I remained in place. Soon everyone was gone except for me. I didn't mind the loneliness. I knew I would never truly be alone, I had people like Luke and Leo out there. I got up and headed to the sandy shores of Long Island. I sat in the sand and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath in letting the sea breeze fill my lungs. I'd spent the last 5,000 Chaos years running from this place. I avoided it and tried to clear all thoughts of it yet here I was, enjoying it. It was funny to think how I ever possibly dreaded coming here. This place was where I belonged. It was home.

————————————————————————

Annabeth's POV,
           I couldn't stop staring and Piper could tell. She kept looking between me and him mischievously. I rolled my eyes and tried to focus on my food instead of Omega. I wanted to know how he was doing. Was he scared, upset, happy? He seemed so distant lately. I just wanted to talk to him.