Satyr

Percy's POV,
I rolled out of bed and fell on top of Luke. He gasped for air as I crashed into him. I quickly got up. He punched me hard in the arm.

"Oww!" I rubbed my arm. "I'm sorry." Alpha returned the apologies with a glare and turned his back to me trying to go back to sleep.

"Sure, whatever." He mumbled. Ahh, got to love mornings. I stood up and walked to my pile of cloths, carefully not to step on and wake the beast again. I slid on a pair of non ripped jeans and a white pearl jam shirt. I flung my cloak over my shoulders and pulled the hood up before exiting.

My fingers still tingled from the feel of the water running through them. I can't even begin to describe how much happier I felt because of last night. I got to talk to my Dad, tell him who I was, use my powers, swim and you know just have a hella good time. I'd smiled more than I had in years.

I groaned as I stretched and yawned. I sat down on a log around the fire pit and started to make and tipi like structure using kindling. I lit the wood watching the flame catch fire to everything it touched. I let it heat my face. The sun was just peaking out from behind the great pine trees that made up the forest, little rays of light shining through their needles. The woods smelt fresh and welcoming. Each breath cans easily as I closed my eyes. Mornings like these made me glad I didn't jump.

I frowned at the thought. Way to bring down the mood, Omega. I tended to the fire. My mind wandered to a thousand different places. Last night was a weird mix of happy and sad. I remembered passing the coral to Annabeth.

—-Flashback—

I watched the smile spread across her face. I was beaming. I reached for her hand as she stared at the coral. I stopped myself before she noticed. I felt a blush creep it's way across my cheeks, once again thankful for the wonders of Chaos that hid my face.
I absently rubbed the back of my neck. "I wasn't kidding when I said I was tired before." I said trying to come up with any excuse to leave. I couldn't look at this girl any longer. I saw the way he smile faltered at my comment. I quickly rushed out of the water eager to leave before I did something stupid.  How could I have let myself get so close to messing up?

—end of flashback—

I had spent so much time with the daughter of Athena I was starting to believe it was like the old times. I almost grabbed her hand, heck I might even have kissed he on the cheek like I used to if I hadn't stopped myself. I shook my head. This was why I distanced myself for here. I already felt myself getting to attached to Nico and Leo. I was truly starting to realize just how much I missed camp.

"Hey, Perce." Luke walked out of Then tent clearly in a less monstrous mood. "Is this what I think it is?"

He held up a necklace for me to see. At first I didn't even recognize it. The leather cord and silver clasp were so familar I could already feel it wrapped safely around my neck, the five beads hanging loosely off of it. Each bead had a little symbol engraved in it, each a different year and adventure. I ran to Luke and practically ripped it out of his hands and holding it away from him.

      "Maybe." I said as I studied the beautiful camp necklace. One of the few things from camp I still had. I frowned at them. They reminded me of him... I pushed the thought away falling deeper into my denial. I'm certain Luke saw the look in my eyes when he spoke.

      "Do you miss-" I cut him off before he could finish.

     "Don't." Was all I said. It felt impossible to not think about my friend at that moment. Between the necklace and the beauty of the woods, the smell of pine. It all reminded me off him. I took a deep breath. It seemed like lately all I could do was cross the emotional boundaries I had set for myself. Luke walked towards the fire and sat down. I tucked my hands under my hood and slipped the necklace around my neck. The cold metal of the clasp burned my skin, it had been a while.