Prepare

Annabeths POV,
I sat silently as Hazel explains the events of last night. "I had a vision of the battle and went to the beach to calm down. Omega came out of nowhere and tried to cheer me up.  As soon as I told him about the vision who took me to Chaos. The freaking god of the universe. And then next thing I know the two of them are in my mind filtering through my memories so they could see the vision."

         "What!" Frank stood up. "If they hurt you or invade your space I swear I'll-"

         "Frank," Hazel grabbed his arm and forced him to sit back down. "I'm okay, don't worry."

         "What was the vision of?" Thalia sat with us today instead of with the Hunters. They decided it would be best to stay and help with the war Kronos would wage upon us. The punk Huntress threw a piece of hash brown at me and I swatted it away.

        "You'll find out at meeting." Hazel shrugged earning deathly glares from the rest of our group. She was seriously going to make us wait until lunch?

        I glanced at the daughter of Pluto. She seemed off today. Something about her was restless like she was waiting to hear about the vision too. She zoned out and I could see the gears turning in her mind. What was bothering her? What was she trying to figure out?

       Out of the corner of my eye I saw Omega get up and abandoned all other thoughts. I heard Alpha call after him and watched as Leo almost went after him only to pulled back down by Beckondorf. I felt pain and betrayal hit me like a tidal wave and knew it was the commanders doing. What had happened.

        "I'm gonna go, I'll catch up with you guys at meeting," I said before getting up and following Omega out. At first he didn't notice me, or I thought he didn't until we reached Zeus's fist. He spun around and the strings of his hoodie whipped around with him.

      "What do you want!?" His voice was rough and stern. I felt his walls I'd managed to just barely break through build themselves up again. I felt his pain seep through the him like leaking ink.  I reached out to him put he moved even farther away.

      "Why do you keep trying to help me? Why do you give a damn, hey! Why would someone like you bother with a failure, an outcast like me!?" He screamed at me and it felt like a million bolts of electricity rushed through me. Did he really think I was that kind of person?

       "You're not a failure, Omega. You're far from. You're this funny guy who despite everything still a leader. Heck, you're the commander of the universe freaking army!" I moved toward him but he was staring at the ground. He was too busy in his own thoughts to shove the hand I'd placed on his shoulder off. "Look at me."

       He looked up and I smiled at his natural lopsided grin that was plastered to his face no matter what mood he was in. "You are the most amazing guy in the world, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

       I waited for a response but was only greeted by the sound of trees around us swaying in the wind. After what felt like years he finally spoke.

      "Of course you'd say that. You're only trying to cheer me up. You're only talking to me because you know you need the army to win this war, otherwise you would have kicked my weakling of a demigod out within the first week."

      My heart broke at how serious he sounded. He believed that? What had happened to him that made him doubt himself so much? I swear if I ever find the person who did this to him I will torture them in unexplainable ways. This boy was broken.

       Omega started to walk away again. I reached out and grabbed him by the wrist stoping him. I wasn't going to stand by and watch him crumble. I had stopped him from leaving but he still wouldn't look at me.