Goodbye

This chapter really hits the feels. I cried a little, maybe that's just because I'm sensitive and very much attached to these characters. Thinking about having to write this is making me want to cry!😭Seriously though, it's an emotional chapter.

       Percy's POV,
       The room was quiet and a heavy feeling hung in the air. Everyone knew it, we were up against both Tartarus and Kronos, we might not win this battle. I just sat there on the pool table in a daze. I didn't even register Luke pulling me to dinner. We sat down but I wouldn't eat. I felt like the world around me had been silenced as the campers and warriors chatted amongst themselves. What did I expect? To find out that the ruler of the place that I spent a whole year shaking nightmares from was going to attack those I love and just be okay with it? I'd be foolish to say we were going to come out of this alive and as victors. I'm not going to say we'll lose. I will say this though, we will try our hardest and if we lose we go down fighting. Thoughts like those swirled in my head as dinner went by. At one point Chiron made an announcement about Tartarus but I wasn't listening. By the time campfire was done I had just worn off most of the shock. This was why I went to Poseidon's palace, I needed to warn the gods but also just find a place to rest.

         I sighed getting up from my seat. The warning said they would come to my camp, this was my fault? Wasn't it? I looked down at my feat as I went to my tent. I was done for today. Too much had happened. I thought to the part of the warning I hadn't told the others, the part Rachel said was only meant for me.

        You'll learn the reason why it all happened. You'll be faced with great challenges but if you mess up it will all be over. We are all depending on you, don't make the wrong choice, Perseus.

       I sat down on my sleeping bag. It all depended on me. If I did something wrong it would destroy everything. I lay my head down at stare up at the roof of my tent. I could hear the other warriors outside around the fire chatting. I turned on my side trying to fall asleep. I had one more day to live, might as well enjoy it. My eyes were heavy as I fell asleep to the sound of the fire crackling in the distance. The last thing I remember before slipping into sleep was the laughter of my friends... family.

-:-

I lifted my head and looked around. I yawned and stretched my arms. I glanced at the sleeping bag next to me. I bolted upright. Where's Luke? I glanced around frantically. I heard a familiar voice come from outside the tent and relaxed. He was okay, good.

I got up and picked out my usual cloths. I slipped my hood onto my head and opened the tent flap. I was about to step out when I heard my name.

"It's Percy's last day," I saw Luke shake his head sadly. "We should do something special for him."

"I just hope he's doing okay. We all know what it's like to die," Bianca said while she tended to the flames. I glanced and saw everyone was sitting around the early morning fire, all of them wearing sad expressions. I stepped out of the tent and rested a hand on Shades shoulder.

"I'm alright, don't worry guys." She turned to look up at me, surprise registering across her face.

"Are you sure?" Zoë asked stepping forward. I nodded my head, only half telling the truth. I wasn't afraid of dying itself but losing them. I bit back tears and turned away from the warriors.

"I need to talk to Chaos," I looked back over my shoulder. "I'll meet you guys at breakfast."

I pictured Chaos's throne room and pulled out the amulet he gave me for reaching him. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I was standing in the great palace of Chaos. In front of me Chais was sleeping on his throne, a bit of drool hanging from his mouth. I innerly chuckled and went up to him. I cleared my throat and his eyes fluttered open.