Discovered

Percy's POV,
When we landed on the balcony I pushed the water away. I looked down at Annabeth who was smiling brightly. Her grey eyes were lighter as she stared at the fleeing water.

"I've always wondered what it would be like to fall," I said. It felt amazing. The wind ripped against my hair and brushed my skin. It felt like plunging into water and sinking except with air. I almost forgot that if I didn't stop us from falling we'd be dead.

"You're a lunatic." Annabeth laughed.

"Why, thank you. It's a trait that comes over the years." I bowed slightly and glanced back at Athena's daughter. Her eyes were trained on my hood. In all honesty I wanted to pull it down and see the surprise on her face when she figured out who I was. She won't remember you... the dark parts of my mind outweighed the urge pull the fabric off my face.

Annabeth stepped away from me and cold air filled the space between. I didn't realize we were so close until then. I turned around and stared through the window next to me. I rather not look at the girl behind me, it hurt to much. What I saw through the window hurt even more.

"Who's that? Do you know her?" I ignored Annabeth as I stared at the black haired forty year old woman in front of me. Her eyes were a emerald green and deep in concentration as she worked in the kitchen. I glanced around the apartment looking for any other human, preferably a five year old or a middle aged man. The room sadly seemed empty except for the woman. She seemed happy as she hummed a tune I couldn't quite make out. My heart ached. I felt trapped in the blurry line between pain and happiness. She'd moved on. That was good... but wasn't it also sad? I turned around and started to walk away from Sally Jacksons apartment.

"We should get going. Dinner should be soon." I said glumly walking away not wanting to look at my Mom any longer. Why did it hurt yet feel like a relief at the same time. It was a weird sensation that took over all my senses. I didn't even register my actions as I teleported both Annabeth and I back to camp (a gift from Chaos). Seeing my mom, that apartment, the ledge... why did I think I would be over all those emotions now. Just because being at camp was easier and looking at people like Annabeth and the seven weren't as hard, doesn't mean going there would be easy.

       I looked down at the glum expression on Annabeths face. Remembering why I went there I gently tilted her chin up so her eyes looked into mine.

      "Hey. He may be gone but for now... I'm here if you need anything." I mean to it. I would always be there. Her eyes relaxed. I realized I was still holding her hand and her face was so close to mine. A little closer and- no. I stepped back and rubbed my neck suddenly feeling very awkward.

       "I'll see you around Wise girl." I stepped away once more before turning around and jogging to where the army had their tents set up.  Stupid, Omega. Bad. Why would you even think about kissing her? She's not your girlfreind. Heck, she doesn't even know who you are! I cursed at myself what seemed like a thousand times but the giddy smile plastered to my face wouldn't go away.

       "What happened to you?" Blonde hair came into my view as Luke trotted over to me from inside our tent. I tried to frown or do anything that would hide my smile.

       "What do you mean?" I said.

      "Oh come on." Alpha crossed his arms over his chest. "You look like a five year old who just went to Disney land." I rolled my eyes and started to walk towards one of the logs around the campfire. I fiddled with my fingers and quickly got annoyed with the long sleeves of my cloak. I groaned before snapping my fingers. My cloak shifted into my grey ripped jeans and black hoodie. The hood of the hoodie of course fell over my head and covered my eyes and nose. I relaxed a little. Maybe I could get used to this outfit.