Outro

This is the last chapter. The finale... 😭
         Please read the authors note!

Percy's POV,
"What the hell!" She demanded as she pressed the knife deeper into my throat. I gulped and tried for a smile.

"Uhhh..." I looked into her storm grey eyes that held anger but also passion. Then I realized something, I saw recognition in her eyes. Not the type I'd seen over the past few weeks, not like I was a familiar face but more like years of memories. Her pressure on the blade lessened and she pulled it away before speaking again.

"Did you really think I'd forget you on my own?" Her face held a playful sort of disappointment and I cracked a smile.

"Well... I-Uh.." She cupped my face in her hands as I struggled to come up with a reason. This had to be a dream. She couldn't remember me. She couldn't, no way. She laughed as if reading my thoughts.

"You're such a Seaweed brain!" She pulled me into a hug and I couldn't help but smile. Yup, definitely dreaming. I looked over her shoulder at where Piper and Leo were laughing at my red face. I glared at them and they just laughed even harder. I glared at them and they laughed...? Normally they'd back away or shut up after receiving a glare from me. Annabeth pulled out of the hug and I glanced at the crowd of campers, confused. Some looked shocked and guilty while others wore smiled that reached their ears and cheered for my name... my real name.

I turned to Annabeth confused. "Do they..." I trailed off not wanting to give myself false hope.

"Remember?" She finished, smiling. "I think so, Perce."

She just- but... "How?"

"Don't ask questions. Just enjoy it," She grabbed my wrist and dragged me over to where the seven and the warriors were standing. She released me and I took a wary step back. This was a trick. This was Tartarus, he was doing this. I had to get out of this.

"Guys, kelp head doesn't look to good," Thalia took a step towards me as the others turned to see my pale face. My heart rate picked up as I took another step back.

"It's not real. It's not real." I muttered to myself. I wanted this so badly. I wished it were real, I wish this wasn't just some cruel trick. I'd waited the past five years for them to remember me, to call me family again but I knew that would never happen. This had to be a dream.

"Percy?" Piper asked confused. She hesitantly took a step towards me. I took one back shaking my head. No, not real. Where was Luke? Where was he? Gods, I really need him right now. I looked around frantically for him. He should be here... he should be here. I furrowed my eyebrows. If Tartarus wanted to trick me into thinking everything was okay he would be here. So if he wasn't here then... no. This couldn't be real, could it?

"I... is this fake?" I asked still struggling for words. How could this thing I'd been crying over and brought me so much pain be fixed in seconds? I refused to believe it could all go away like that. "Do you guys really remember me?"

They broke out smiling and soon I found myself wrapped in their arms. I was at the centre of the group hug filled with smiling half-bloods. A warm feeling swelled in my chest and though I tried my hardest to push it a away, it still surfaced. The others dispersed from the hug and I grinned.

"H-how?" I was still baffled by the idea of any of it. Annabeth, being the smartest piped up.

"We don't remember all of it yet, just bits and pieces. The major stuff mostly." She took my hand and a thousand bolts of electricity shot up my arm. "I think when you killed Tartarus the memories started coming back since he was the one who took them away."