Visions

Percy's POV,
I couldn't sleep at all that night. I kept shifting and turning in my sleep. All my rustling around resulted with Luke throwing a water bottle at my face and a slight headache. I kept thinking about the upcoming battle. I knew it was coming, sooner than anyone thought. I feared the nightmare like visions that often came at times like these.

At about five in the mourning I gave up trying to sleep, dying of heat. I left the tent and made my way to the only place I know to get some peace. When I arrive at the sandy shores of Long Island I find a fizzy brown haired girl in my usual spot on the beach. At first I consider trying to go back to sleep when I hear a sniffle and realize she was crying. As I approach her, her features become clearer. Her milk chocolate brown skin and dark warm eyes are familiar. She's dressed like girl in the 80's. She whimpers as tears roll down her cheeks. Silent cry's are the worst. They are like a ghost that suffocate the sound from you so all you can do is feel the salty tears glide down your face while no one even notices. I wasn't going to let this girl go unnoticed, especially not after I realized who she was.

I sat down next to her but she was to busy crying into her knees that were drawn up to her chest to notice me. I frowned. I clenched my fist prepared to hit anyone who dare hurt her. If it was Jason, I swear to the gods I will-

"Omega... uh," Hazels strainers and shaky voice pulled me out of my fantasy. Her eyes were red and puffy and her hair was tangled in ways I couldn't comprehend. Despite her appearance she still managed to be the sweet shy perfect girl I've always known. Emphasis on the shy, as per usual.

I hugged her and she broke down sobbing. I listened to her cry now no longer silent. It was one wretched breath at a time and then released with a heart twisting whine. I gripped my former friend tighter. I felt her whole body shake as her tears soaked into my cloak. I didn't care what happened to me nonetheless my cloths, I cared Hazel understood I was their for her.

I don't know how long we sat like that, the waves lapping at our feet as the tide came in. 10, 15 minutes maybe passed before Hazel pulled away.

"T-thanks," Her voice was raw and strained. It hurt to hear each shaky breath escape her. "B-but why are you comfort-forting me?"

I don't know why I was shocked by the question. I knew she didn't know I was Percy, that she didn't even know Percy but I was still surprised she'd ask such a thing. "Because you were upset."

"Y-yes but, y-you don't know me," she asked whipping tears from her eyes but the quiver in her voice still remained. Was that why she was surprised? Because I didn't know her? What did the world do to her to make her think that because someone doesn't know another person they can't be kind to them? I stared open mouthed at her.

"And? I saw you were in pain and wanted to help you. Do I need more of a reason than that?" I tried to come off kind rather than harsh and offended. I think I succeeded because she gave me a warm smile. I returned it.

"Fair." She laughed lightly. She looked at me again and it seemed like she was searching for something. "You're different, Omega."

"Different how?" I asked playfully raising my eyebrows earning another giggle from Hazel.

"I don't know. You're different than the other warriors. Your different from the campers. You're not like how you appear or what they say about you. You're just different." I chuckle at her fluster. Ahh, that's my Hazel. I frown. Not your Hazel anymore. I scowled at the dark voice in my head. Over the past month it's faded but now it was back I remembered how annoying it could be.