Burn

I can't write right now. Something is wrong with me. I literally have the worst writers block ever!!! So, if this chapter has weird plot holes and totally unimportant scenes (well, more than usual), I am truly sorry.

Annabeths POV,
I watched Omega defeat Polybotes and then just walk off like nothing happened. Then Zoë died and he desire the sad aura he gave off he still fought as well as before. He has to be some sort of god or something. Why am I thinking about this? Oh right, I just saw Omega cut down a dozen monsters with an enraged look on his face.

"Annabeth!" I was pulled out of my thoughts and swirled around to see Piper backed into a wall by two cyclops. I twirled the dagger in my hand around my fingers and drove the blade into one of their backs. Piper took that moment to attack the other one and we shared a smile. I glanced over my shoulder to where Omega was heading before looking back at Piper.

"Where's he going?" She asked raising her eyebrows. "The fights that way."

"I don't know..." my gaze followed the commander as he stepped into the woods. I looked at Piper who seemed to be thinking the same think as me.

"Follow him?" She asked and I nodded. We chased after him into the woods, slashing through every monster we passed. I stepped into the woods confused. Where was he going? Piper was right, the fight was all the way back there and Omega didn't seem like one to shy away from a fight. A thought surfaced to my head and I winced. Zeus, please don't let that be it. How could I even think that? Jason was just getting to my head... or could Omega really be a traitor? No, he wouldn't do that.

My feet crunches leaves as Piper and I crept behind Omega. He suddenly stopped by the water and we ducked behind a tree. He paused and looked around before stepping into the water. He took off his hood slowly and I had to refrain from gasping. I could only see the back of his head but it was still shocking to actually catch the commander with his hood down. He had raven black hair like he said, it was most definitely untameable, messy in ways I didn't think possible for such short hair. It was kind of cute...wait, what?

He held his hand out and water curved out of the stream to fill in his hand. It looked kind of like watching the reverse of water pouring out of a cup. He released the water but it remained floating in the air. He pulled out a drachma and whispered something I could quite hear before throwing the coin in the water. An image appeared in the water but Omegas head blocked Piper and I's view if it.

"Our champion!" A deep low voice shouted from the iris message. "Why have you taken so long to contact us."

"I'm sorry, my lord." He ducked his head. "I've been quite busy here at camp. I regret to inform you that the battle is not going as planned."

What? Lord? Who was this lord? Was this some sort of check up from Chaos? No, from what Hazel and the warriors have told me about Chaos he would have scolded Omega for calling him lord. I glanced nervously at Piper. Her face was pale and I knew she was thinking it too. But it couldn't be. He isn't a traitor, he can't be a traitor. Then again, he is always the one to give us information about the battle and if we really did hurt him he'd have every right to- no, we are not going there. We trust Omega. If you really trust him you wouldn't be considering this, that dark voice in my head spoke. Shut up, I told myself.

"How so?" The deep voice asked.

"A lot of our army has died," is he talking about the monsters? "This is a great favour to ask but in time they will grow tired and we will need help. I need to know if I can count on you when that time comes."