Ready

I'm starting regret a lot of deductions I made in this story... Oof. Anyways I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday. Happy two month anniversary, for the story!!!🥳

            Percy's POV,
            I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. My cheeks hurt from smiling too much. That smile faded when I remembered what would happen today. I recalled the events of last night and nearly facepalmed my self. Why was I so stupid? Did I think I could kiss the girl of my dreams and it would all get better? I practically pulled off my hood and told her my life story last night. Why did I kiss her back? I should've ran. I knew what I was getting into. I'd kiss her that once and then I'd run off into some battle today and die. Who was I kidding. The fates hate me, why would I think I could finally get something good? Last night was a mistake. I just made everything worse and more complicated. I need to forget it ever happened and focus on today and the battle.

I groaned and put my head in my hands. Im such a mess. I let out a frustrated sigh. A yelp escaped my lips as something kicked my leg.

"Quit your whining!" Luke rolled over and glare at me from his side of the tent. "I'm trying to sleep."

I rolled my eyes and got up. I stepped over him and place a foot on his chest. He wheezed under the pressure and desperately tried to push my foot off of him.

"In case you forgot," he furrowed his eyebrows at this. "Today's doomsday and Tartarus ain't going to wait for you to have your beauty sleep."

         His eyes widened and I removed my foot from on him so he could breath. He scrambled to his feet and changed into his cloths. I looked down at my own wardrobe. For once I was thankful I fell asleep in my cloths as I walked out of the tent. I shoved my hand in my pocket and fidgeted with the pen in it. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air. It smelled of pine and sap with a faint hint of campfire smoke. I opened my eyes and looked down at the dying fire in front of me. We had kept that fire alive the whole tome we were here and now it was dying. I looked away and walked up to the nearest tent. I banged on its canvas and shouted.

"Everybody up!" I moved to each of the tents banging on them rattling its occupants. "Big day today. Got to get a move on!"

I heard numerous amounts of groans and chuckled. I waited by a pine tree leaning against it as the warriors slowly surfaced from their tents. Once everyone was out I pushed off the tree and walked to the main section of camp. Luke jogged to catch up to me and gave me a bright smile.

"So," he put an arm around my shoulder. "Are we going to kick some monster ass today or what?"

         I laughed and patted Luke on the back. "You can count on it."

         For the rest of the walk to camp we stayed in silence. It was a comfortable silence. I listened to the wind and the rustle of leaves as the big house came into view. We entered the dinner pavilion and sat down next to Nico and Leo at the Hades table. I smiled at them but they just stared at their food. I frowned and taped their shoulders.

          "Earth to Leo." I waved my hand in his face but like Nico he remained silent and just ate his food. My heart rate picked up. Not again. Gods, not again. My breath quickened and I glanced desperately at Luke. He just shrugged his shoulders. I looked back at the boys.

        "Guys you're really freaking me out." I tapped them again and they didn't budge. "If this is some sort of joke, I swear to the gods I'll-"

         "Happy birthday!" The two jumped up surprising me. Leo jumped over the table and hugged me with his grease stained hands. I laughed, thankful it was just an act. I don't know how I would be able to go through that again. I hugged Leo tighter and then pulled away. Nico came forth and hugged me.