Fall

Okay, this chapter pretty simple. I have been waiting to write it for forever. It will be only two POVs and it switches a lot, sorry. By the way it will be a Percabeth thing, hehe. Enjoy!

       Annabeth's POV,
      The last day had been kind of a blur. I've had people ask me how I was doing every time I did anything. I know they are all just trying to help but it only makes it worse.

      Staring at his cabin all I could see was the golden rims of his eyes as he retreated with the attackers. Kronos's eyes.

       I just walked around aimlessly for the rest of the day. I didn't even cry till night. As soon as I started I couldn't seem to stop. It felt like the world was just trying to break me. Taking every person I ever thought I might love as more than a friend and giving them to Kronos. Luke and then him... it was somewhat hilarious in some twisted way.

       This morning I decided that I couldn't just cry until my tears outweighed the betrayal. I don't know why but the first person I went to was Omega. He was leaning against a tree just staring at the ground sadly when I found him. I wondered if that's how I looked right now. Was this how he got to this state? No, his tragedy must have been much worse. I nearly fell as I sat down next to him. I didn't know what to say. All I could do then was cry. He pulled me closer and hugged me. He seemed tense, hesitant, at first but soon relaxed into the embrace. I sobbed into his shoulder. He respected the silence and just held me. Maybe that's why I went to him. He knew that the comfort was all I needed.

      After a few minutes of me crying I pulled away. He told me he had to go to a warriors meeting and left. I don't know how long I sat there before going back to my cabin. Currently I'm just laying in bed staring at the bunk above me. I know I never loved Scott but he was my boyfriend and his betrayal hurt me. It really made me wonder how long this had been going on. Was it meant to happen all along?

No prophecy, no future, just events coming and going. I got up and groaned. What was I doing? How come it didn't hurt this bad with Luke. I tried to think that far back and just saw haze. I pressed my palm to my forehead and winced. A small tingle spread through my temple and I had to sit back down. I clenched my fists and my eyebrows tilted forward in frustration.

       I got back up, again, and made my way out the cabin. Lunch would be approaching and I felt hungry from skipping the mornings meal. I kept my head low and walked cautiously to the our little group normal table.

       "Come here." Piper whispered and pulled me into a gentle hug. When she let go she cupped my face in her hands and tried to smile.  I gave her a weak tilt of my lip in return and say down. I sat in silence on my end of the table while the others chatted restlessly waiting for their food. I was a thinking, I didn't talk about my problems, I thought about them. I overthink them, I run over every scenario in my head. My thoughts were moving faster than ever. He was claimed, he had a family, he was happy... wasn't he? So, why did he leave? Why did he join the enemy. I felt a headache coming and shoved my face in my hands.

       I swung my feet out from under the table and started to walk to Thalia's tree. I didn't have the energy to be in that room. I heard footsteps falling heavily behind me. I picked up my pace a little hoping they'd leave but the thump of their feet hitting the ground still made its way to my ears. I closed my eyes for a moment before spinning around.

"What do you want! I'm okay, leave me alone!" I screamed. Then I saw the hood and the dark blue trimmed edges. The mouth that rested in a frown. "Oh, Omega... I thought you were someone else." I stared awkwardly at my feet.

"Don't apologize." He stepped towards me. "I can leave if you want? I just wanted to show you something that might take your mind off him for a little bit."