Hoods

I just went and looked at the first few chapters again... we may go back and do some major editing. 😖
        Nico's POV,
I was cold and wet and grumpy. My teeth chattered and my cloths were soaked, semi frozen. My hands shook and I could barely feel them. I brought my poor fingers to my lips and breathed on them. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I could barely see through the icicles that cling to my lashes. I looked around at the frozen world. The snow storm was so strong I could barely see two feet in front of me. I stumbled forward desperate to find warmth.

It's... so cold, my thoughts were slurred as that repeated in my head. I fell to the ground my legs giving up on me. I collapsed in the snow, I was so cold I didn't even register the little snowflakes burning into my skin. I tried to scream but my throat was dry and course. I felt like my lungs were bleeding. What was happening to me? That thought was cut short by a blinding light in front of me. A ball of life floated towards me. Instead of it being warm it spread darkness and cold.

"Nico Di'angelo..." the voice was harsh and spread fear through my chest. "I'm coming."

I lifted my head off the ground so I could face the light that the voice came from. "Who...Who are you?"

My voice didn't sound normal. I felt like every all the air in me was being suffocated. I rested my head back in the snow. I couldn't feel my cheeks. My feet and hands went numb long ago along with my ears. It all hurt. The cold was claiming my body. I felt a warm breath brush across the side of my face as the light drew closer. The voice whispered in my ears, his voice was raspy and horrifying. He reeks of more death than me or my father.

     "You know who..." the light faded leaving me laying there breathless in the snow. Just as the voice said that word I felt a sharp pain in my chest. All I could do was lay there as I watched a dark red liquid spread across the snow in front of me the blood stained the white powder and seeped outwards from my abdomen. I wanted to scream, to cry, to do anything but lay there uselessly. My eyes drooped as I felt death creep up on me. I heard my name distantly being called but a kept falling into the darkness. I fell until there was no light and the dark consumed me.

       I bolted up right. Someone was shaking my shoulders but stopped when they saw I was awake. I was breathing fastly and sweat dripped down my forehead. I looked up to see a pair of soft golden eyes and short blonde hair.

     "Hey," I said between breaths. Will shook his head and pulled me into a hug. I felt a searing pain in my head and touched my hand to it. I winced and growled at the stupid headache.

       "What happened?"

       "Chiron told me to come get you but when I came in you were screaming." He shook his head again. "What were you dreaming about?"

       It was all a dream... phew. I looked up at Will and smiled. He looked so worried it was kind of cute. I rolled my eyes at my own thought and started to get up. I nearly fell on my face but Will caught me.

"Whoa, seriously Neeks, what happened in that dream?" Will propped my arm around his shoulder and helped me walk out of the cabin.

"I'll tell you about it later," I grumbled. I eventually pulled away from Will growing uncomfortable and walked without his help now that I was feeling less dizzy. I followed my feet as they moved across the camp to the big house. When I looked up again at Will he was already staring at me. I blushed and looked away.

      "Hey, we never got talk about that night-"

      "Why are we going to meeting in this late at night?" I said cutting off Will. I felt guilty for avoiding him since the night of the pranks... when we kissed. I didn't want to talk about it. Or rather I did I just didn't want to hear Will when he said he didn't want to date and it was foolish to kiss or that he's straight and... well really just being rejected. I've lived this long by myself I don't need anybody. I don't need Will. One rejection was good enough, please and thank you.