Caught

*Allison's P.O.V*

I scream out profanities at the guards who drag me into the castle. I couldn't believe that I had gotten caught by them. I mean they weren't even that good at their jobs and I was usually much better at not being caught.

"Let me go! Let me go you bastards," I scream, biting at one of the guards who has a hand on my shoulder.

I regret it an instant later when the back of my leg was kicked harshly. "Shut up you little bitch," a guard from behind me sneers.

My eyes widen when I am dragged down a long, winding and not to mention steep staircase. I stop suddenly, refusing to move which earns a shove from behind. I trip on the last step because of this and hit the ground face first earning a roar of laughter from the guards.

"Enough! Get back to work," an older man's voice orders, making the laughter abruptly stop.

"Captain she was fighting us and-" the guard was cut off by the same voice as before.

"Enough. Go find something else to do," he orders, making the guards disperse. I barely notice this though since the pain in my face feels so intense that I need a moment to regather myself.

I was busy fighting back tears as I try to collect myself when I feel someone grab my arm and help me stand up. I don't even bother trying to fight him. I'm sure that my brown eyes are probably filled with unshed tears as the man leads me to a cell. I study him quietly. His face was angled and sharp but not in a bad way. His green eyes were serious but his slightly fluffy and curly hair took away from that.

His outfit was a leather tunic over a white shirt. He wore dark black pants that blend into the shadows of what I can only assume was the dungeon. His hand was resting on the hilt of a sword that he had resting on his hip.

"Let's get you settled in this cell then I'll clean you up sweetheart," he says softly as he guides me into the cell, making me sit down on a bench. He undid the handcuffs that I hadn't noticed were digging into my wrists. My wrists were slightly red from the handcuffs and how tight they had been.

He took the handcuffs, throwing them out of the cell and into the shadows. I assume someone has probably caught them or else they would have made noise when they hit the ground. "I'm Captain Caspian by the way, head guard to the royal family. Can I have your name?" He asks softly while using a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe my chin off.

"Al...Allison," I say softly as I try not to cry from how painful even his gentle touch was on my face. Perhaps I was also fighting back tears because no one had been this nice to me in a long time but I was not going to tell him that. That would just be embarrassing.

"That's a beautiful name. What are you doing in a place like this Allison?" Caspian asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I got caught stealing," I say as I look away. I wasn't proud of getting caught but I was by no means embarrassed by what I had done.

"Stealing what?" Caspian asks as he sits beside me. I vaguely notice that while he was sitting and holding a conversation, he seems to be ready in case I try anything. Not that I was going to try anything but if I did, it would be to the guard that kicked me down.

"Food. Bread and apples," I shrug slightly.

"Food?" Caspian asks, surprise coloring his tone. "I bet you were just hungry huh?" He asks softly.

"Yeah, haven't eaten in a couple days," I admit as I look down at my lap with a small sigh. Plus the food wasn't all for me but I wasn't going to tell him that. He didn't need to know that, he was still a stranger to me.

"Tell you what. I'll send my wife down here with some medicine to clean up the cuts on your face and she'll bring food too. I'll try and figure out if I can get you out of here," Caspian smiles at me.

"That'd be great thank you," I smile as I keep my gaze focused on my lap. I hear him walk away and the door closes behind him. Was it even a door? I wasn't sure what to call the cell thingy. Maybe a gate?

I was still pondering this a few minutes later when I hear the clicking of heels coming towards my cell. I look up to see one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen in my life standing there.

"Hello," the woman speaks as she opens the cell door and steps inside. A plate was resting on one arm and she had a bucket hanging from fingertips of that same arm.

"Uh..hi," I say as I smile slightly while observing the woman. Her hair was a rich blonde color and her eyes were light blue. I felt a bit jealous of how pretty the woman was but I try my best to ignore it. The woman was wearing a red bodycon dress that hugs her body perfectly.

"My name is Michelle," the woman says, smiling while handing the plate to me.

"I'm Allison," I reply after a moment as I curl up slightly while resting the plate on my lap. I use my arms to guard the plate slightly.

"I know. My husband asked me to come and check on your face. He said you took a nasty fall," Michelle says as she studies my face. "Looks like you busted your chin," she said, pulling a handkerchief out of her pocket. She dips the handkerchief into the water and dabs it against my chin.

I tense up at first, hissing at the coolness of the water.

"Sorry," Michelle apologizes as she makes quick work of cleaning my face up. I can see that my blood is staining the handkerchief but oddly enough the woman doesn't seem to care.

"Thank you," I say quietly as I dig into the food, trying my best to not tear into the food despite it all looking so good.

"You're welcome sweetheart," Michelle says after a moment as she looks at me with a soft look in her eyes. It seems kind of familiar to me but I don't say anything. She seems to hesitate for a moment before leaving the cell.

I am starving so I eat quickly before I set the plate on the floor. "Ain't nothing to do now except sleep," I mutter, laying on the wooden bench. I close my eyes, drifting off to sleep with a full stomach for the first time in a long time