Arrangement

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

I look up when I hear the door open. "Hello darling," I say softly while smiling.

"Hello my queen," Maxon walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kisses the back of my neck making me shiver.

"We have a guest," I murmur as I swat at his hands.

"She's asleep," Maxon points out, gesturing to a sleeping Allison with one hand.

"That may be but I won't risk her waking up when you are trying to give me a hickey," I pull away with a small smile. "Maybe later though," I inform him.

"Alright," Maxon sighs, looking putout for a moment before he smiles slightly.

"Do you think she's the one? Michelle practically told me in every way that she was perfect for us," I turn around to look at my husband.

"Michelle isn't the one who knows what we want in a little. Besides we barely know this young lady and you don't even if she regresses or would be a  good fit," Maxon said.

"I know, I know. It's just.... she makes the mommy in me come out. I mean she's so small and she's practically skin and bones. I can't help but want to care for her," I whisper. Maxon gently cups my face with his hands.

"We can ask her about it if you truly believe that she'd be a good fit and could be our little one. Ask her if she wants to replace her month of serving as a maid as a month of her trying out being our little one. If she agrees we will start slowly and see if she likes it," Maxon says as he kisses me gently.

"Really?" I ask as my eyes widen. "I know you hate jumping in on these random thoughts of mine," I mutter.

"As long as she agrees to do it and we start off slow, I'm fine with going along," Maxon promises.

"Alright. Since you're here now, can you carry her over to her bed?" I ask as sweetly as I can, my tone showing that I wasn't actually asking.

"Fine," Maxon sighs as he playfully rolls his eyes before he walks over to Allison and scoops her up gently, earning a whine of protest from the petite girl. "Shh," he murmurs, rocking her slightly as he carries her to the bed and lays her down in the middle of it.

"Thank you," I smile as I sit down by Allison, my hand combing through her hair. Maxon nods his head as he grins.

"I have a meeting to go to, let me know how your talk goes," Maxon says as he leaves the room, shaking his head as he leaves. Of course he would leave me with the hard part.

I hum softly as I wait for Allison to wake up. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Allison started to stir awake after about half an hour.

Allison's eyes flutter open and she looks around blearily. She turns over, a small squeak escaping her when she sees me.

"Did you have a nice nap?" I ask softly as I smile down at the young woman.

"Mhmm," Allison nods her head as she blushes slightly while sitting up. "Sorry for falling asleep, your majesty," she says.

"No need to apologize, you are quite adorable when you are sleeping," I state, watching Allison's cheek turn a dark shade of pink. I chuckle softly as I reach over, pushing a loose strand of Allison's hair behind her ear. I notice that she shies away from my hand, turning her head slightly as if to shield part of her face.

Allison sat up slowly as she yawned. "Am I in your bed?" She asks softly.

"Yes, I figured you would enjoy sleeping in a bed and not a chair," I smile. "Anyways I have an offer for you," I say which seems to pique her interest.

"An offer?" Allison asks curiously as she tilts her head. It's absolutely adorable and I have to force myself not to awe over how cute she is.

"Yes," I nod my head. "Now you have to promise that you will hear me out? No interrupting at all," I say sternly. I want to get a chance to explain everything before she shoots me down.

"Yes your majesty," Allison says as she nods her head quickly.

"Thank you," I sigh in relief. "I am a caregiver. So is my husband. We take care of certain people who are called regressors. Do you know what any of that means?" I question, giving her time to absorb what I am saying.

Allison shakes her head as her nose scrunches up in thought. I can see the way her eyes widen when I mention regressors but I don't quite know why. Maybe because she doesn't know what I am talking about.

"Alright, well let me explain this as best as I can... Mentally, when someone regresses, their mind goes back to when they were younger. It's something that allows them to be at peace and happy and it gives me and my husband the joy of taking care of someone," I explain. "Some use it to cope with trauma and others use it because they simply want to enjoy not being stressed out," I list the reasons off.

"Alright. Why are you telling me this though?" Allison asks as I pause to give her time to absorb the information.

"Well you see I haven't had anyone to care for in a long time, almost a decade without one actually. And well I was hoping I could work something out where you would allow me and my husband to care for you," I explain. I don't think I'm doing that good of a job but Allison does seem to be interested in what I am saying.

"How come?" Allison asks bewildered. "Besides I don't really know you. How do I know that you are not just messing with me?" She questions.

"We just have not found the right person to care for," I say. It's the truth. Maxon and I had tried to find a regressor who needed a caregiver but it was harder to do than one might think. "I promise that I am not messing with you. I would even sign a contract to say so. Besides, it will just be a temporary thing if you like. You can back out at any time," I promise her as I take her hands into my own. Her hands are scratched and scarred up so I make a mental reminder to have them looked at soon.

"This all seems so strange," Allison murmurs softly.

"I know darling. That's why I don't want to force you. You can just work as a maid for a month and then continue on with your life if you would prefer," I state.

"But...but what about my debt that I have to pay back?" Allison asks with wide, confused eyes. I am thankful that she asks that since that means she hasn't outright objected to the idea.

"Once the month is up whether you choose to be a maid or let us take care of you, your debt will be paid and you'll leave with money for yourself," I inform her

"Why are you being so nice? Everyone says that you're mean and scary and..and rude so why are you being nice to me?" Allison asks. I can see the confusion swimming in her eyes. She looks around, like she expects for someone to pop up and tell her that I am joking.

"I simply am being nice. I have no reason to be mean to you, darling," I state as I hesitantly move my hand to cup her face. Despite the resistance I see in her eyes at first, she slowly relaxes as she leans into my hand.

"If I ever wanted to stop being...you regress... I can just say so?" Allison asks, seeming to want to double check.

"Yes, that's what I said," I nod, giving her an encouraging smile.

"I'll...I'll try it out," Allison whispers. My heart feels like it is going to beat out of my chest but hearing those words makes me smile.

"What was that?" I can't help but ask, feeling like I may have misheard her.

"I'll try it out..being your regressor," Allison says, making me pull her into a hug. She tenses in my hold, turning her head so that it is resting on my shoulder.

"You won't regret it," I promise her as I just hold her for a moment. She slowly relaxes into my hold, sighing contently as the tenseness drains from her body.