Return

*Allison's P.O.V*

I spend most of the day curled up in Annabelle's shirt enjoying her body heat. I only come out for a bottle and don't try to eat anything except some banana yogurt which Annabelle feeds me when she is eating her own lunch.

I also spend the day wondering what I would have to do to get Annabelle to allow me to do this when we take naps or go to bed for the night. I figure puppy dog eyes would be good enough since she seems to be a sucker for those.

"Annabelle, I don't know if you know this but that girl has you wrapped around her finger," a new woman's voice states.

"Oh I know. I wouldn't have it any other way though," Annabelle chuckles as she pats my back. I squirm away as well as I can.

"Unless you have more milk to give me, keep your hands to yourself," I huff, earning a choked sound of laughter from someone.

"You've spoiled her huh?" A man asks with amusement in his tone.

"Just a little bit," Annabelle admits. "I'll give you milk later and we can go see Grant," she coos at me.

"You're lucky I'm easy to convince," I say as I slip out of her shirt with a small smile as I look up at her.

"Nice to see you again," she smirks as she rubs my back, shifting me to cuddle against her.

"Don't get used to it," I roll my eyes with a small smile as I yawn. I close my eyes, snuggling into her and drifting off to sleep.

My eyes open up slowly as I look around tiredly. I yawn as I rub my eyes, looking up to see Annabelle staring down at me.

"Nice to see you awake,"Annabelle coos as she rubs my back, tracing small circles.

"Sleep," I whine, pouting when Annabelle stands up and bouncing me on her hip slightly.

"Can I have a kiss?" She asks.

"If I say yes will you stop bouncing me?" I ask, making her laugh.

"Yes," she promises. I look up and kiss her cheek, making her smile. She stops bouncing me and scratches my back making me stretch out slightly.

"No more bouncing missy," I say, waving my finger in her face.

"No more pointing missy," she replies, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"Yes, pointing," I say with a grin.

"No pointing silly girl," she coos. "Hey guess what?" She says, making me tilt my head.

"What?" I ask with a small smile.

"Daddy's about to be back," she informs me. That information makes my eyes widen.

"Let's go see him," I say as I wriggle to get down, wanting to get to him as soon as possible. Besides, Annabelle was so slow anyways.

"We're going," Annabelle announces as she tightens her grip and starts walking.

"Where'd all those people go?" I ask as I look around the room before we exit it.

"Home. And those people are the council. They work with mommy and daddy, helping to make decisions," Annabelle states as she bounces me again.

"You said no more bouncing," I whine, making her frown as she stops.

"I'm sorry darling, I forgot," Annabelle apologizes as she carries me outside. I perk up and look around curiously, looking for Maxon.

"Look there's daddy," Annabelle informs me as she sits me down, pointing to him in the distance. I run towards him with a small smile and he catches me. One hand is behind his back as he wraps his other arm around me in a hug.

"Hi sweetheart," he coos as he kisses my forehead. "Were you good for mommy?" He asks right as Annabelle catches up to us.

"Yeah," I nod as I glance at Annabelle. "Right mommy?" I say with a small, hopeful smile.

"Right angel," Annabelle as she nods her head.

"Good then I can give you this," Maxon says, revealing a long haired calico kitten from behind his back. I gasp and take it gently, petting it with a small smile.

"Thank you daddy," I whisper as I hold the kitten close to my chest, rocking back and forth like it is a baby.

"Maxon...you did not get her a kitten without discussing it with me," Annabelle says, sounding disappointed and slightly upset.

"Look Annabelle, Sarah was giving them away. She practically forced me to take it," Maxon states.

"If you hadn't wanted to take it you wouldn't have. You are so ridiculous," Annabelle snaps, her voice rising. She pauses when a small sob escapes me. I had been trying to be quiet but when she raised her voice I lost that ability.

"Sweetheart, why are you crying?" Maxon asks as he picks me, gently adjusting me so I could still hold the kitten.

"Mommy's upset and raised her voice," I sniffle as tears stream down my face.

"Oh angel, mommy didn't know it would upset you," Annabelle says softly.

"It's daddy's fault she got upset. I got you a pet we'll all have to take care of without even asking her," Maxon states.

"I'll take care of the kitty," I promise quickly.

"I know. You're very responsible," Maxon comments, kissing my cheek which earns a small smile from me.

"I suppose you can keep it since you promised to take care of it," Annabelle sighs.

"Now what are you going to name her?"  Maxon asks while rubbing my back.

"Navi," I declare with a small smile as I pet the kitten. "Can I go show granny and nanny?" I ask with an excited grin.

"Yes, go show them baby," Annabelle says, which makes me walk ahead of them back to the castle. I hear Annabelle quietly but also sternly talking to Maxon who doesn't seem bothered at all. I was just happy I had a kitten now so whatever was happening with them, doesn't really bother me.