Terror

*Allison's P.O.V*

I had thought that apologizing would mean that I wouldn't get any punishment. I was wrong. I had to stand in timeout for like 10 minutes but that was basically forever for someone as hyper as me. Annabelle said that part of it was because she needed time to start sorting out my paperwork. Then I had to go clean up the twins' playroom since I had been so bored during Annabelle's meeting. I hadn't thought that was very fair at all but I wasn't going to argue with her.

Once I finish cleaning, which takes forever, I lay down on the couch in the room to get a quick nap in. It was only a nap so it wasn't like Annabelle could say I wasn't going to sleep tonight like she had said the other day when I was trying to sleep during the afternoon on Elena's lap. Obviously she doesn't know what she is talking about, she is just a sleep hater. I drift off to sleep with a small smile on my face as cartoons play in the background.

'What's going on?' I think as my eyes open. 'Oh no,' I think as I suddenly realized the familiar place I had woken up in. 'No, no,' I think, panicking as I look down at myself, realizing I was back in the body of four year old me. It's dark...so dark. Why wouldn't Mister open the door? I had been good!

"ALLISON! Where are you?" the familiar voice of Mister yells. I flinch as I curl into myself, already knowing that I need to become a smaller target. Four year old me lets out a small cry as he wrenches the door to the closet open, breaking the lock off of it.

"Don't you ever shut up? You are so fucking annoying, you are so bad!" Mister says, his breath smelling like smoke. I don't get to think about that much seeing as he grabs me by the arm and jerks me out of the closet. My arm feels like it's going to get ripped out of my socket. My eyes close as I brace myself for the pain that is sure to follow.

The next time that I open my eyes, I realize that I am on the roof. The air is cold, I can feel it biting into my skin. Tyler must feel the same way but he doesn't say anything, he just sits there and accepts the fact that we might both freeze together on this roof.

"I think I'm starting to lose feeling in my fingers," I mutter, burying my face into his chest as one of his arms wrap around me. The snow that is falling has slowly started to pile up on the roof, making it slippery to even move. I think Tyler is having a hard time keeping his foot twisted to stay balancing but it's not like we have a choice.

Going inside right now would probably be a death sentence for the both of us. When we acted up or were bad, the consequences were usually terrible. Doing it on a night where Mister was drunk was just double trouble. I can feel the cold though, the bite of it sinking through my clothes and leaving my skin pale and almost icy looking. I close my eyes, convinced I'm going to die.

When I open my eyes, it is once again dark. Tyler is practically on top of me, his body shielding mine. There are so many voices upstairs, so much loudness that it makes my head throb. There was yelling and I could Mister say something but so many other voices were drowning him out. Tyler and I laid in the dark for hours, too scared to move before we finally left our hiding spot.

The house is a complete mess. It looks like someone has torn it apart and then left it. The door is open, the air making the curtains flap in the wind. I look at Tyler who gives me a grim look, his arms wrapping around me.

I wake up breathing heavily as I look around. I realize I am still in the playroom and got up, hurrying to Mommy and Daddy's room. Mommy looks up from her book as I burst in. "You okay sweetheart?" she asks, noticing my expression.

"That man, the one who raised me, he was charged with kidnapping. How long would a person be in jail for that in Fional?" I ask, making Mommy raise an eyebrow. Her arms wrap around me as I move to sit on her lap, hiding my face against her. I had seen Mister's arrest on a ripped piece of paper, a small page that was on the ground.

"Quite a while. I think five years for every year the child or person is gone. Why do you ask?" Mommy questions me, a small frown on her lips.

"When I ran away, I ran into a friend," I explain while staring at Mommy with a frown. I can see the way her face wrinkles up at the memory of me running away.

"What did this friend say?" she asks softly as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"He said...he said my father aka the man who raised me was out of prison," I say softly.

"Impossible," Daddy says as he walks into the room. "Fionel doesn't charge anyone unless they truly know it's them, so he'd be in jail for a while," he states.

"My friend wouldn't lie," I state, making Mommy frown.

"Contact Fionel and ask if the man that kidnapped the niece of the queen has escaped," Mommy finally says as she stares into my eyes. "This doesn't sound good at all," she whispers while her hand twitches slightly.