Cold

The ABC thing which you'll read is from the YouTube channel Mully from the 'He said Ok Boomer' video.

*Allison's P.O.V*

I watch as Tyler walks in front of me while dancing. "What are you doing idiot?" I ask as he turns to look at me.

"ABC's is happening. I'll give you an A because you're Awesome, a B because you're beautiful, a C because you're confident, and I'll give you this D because you deserve it," he says.

"You just made the asexual in me gag so much," I say as I roll my eyes slightly.

"Sure that's the only reason you're gagging," he says while wiggling his eyebrows.

"You're a pedo," I laugh while pushing him back, making him stumble.

"The disrespect," he scoffs. "I'm going to go find Jasmine and cry to her about the mean bully," he states while walking past me. I roll my eyes as I look over the mountainside with a small smile on my lips.

I start to trace my steps back down. We had all agreed to split up once we got off the ship which was a bad idea if you asked me because my sense of direction is like well...a child's. Annabelle had made me promist to meet them back at the ship by noon since I had said that I wasn't regressed. I skip down the path with a small smile on my lips.

I start to hop with a giggle escaping me. I love nature walks even though I hate regular walks. Nature walks were tolerable because I had things to look at but if I was bored then they would be hell for me.

I lick my chapped lips as I walk into the woods on the cliff. I run my hands down the bark as I walk, closing my eyes as I hum. "Wonder how many trees I can touch before I run into someone?" I ask myself as I hop up onto a rock before pulling myself into the branches of the tree.

I wonder what Annabelle and Maxon are doing because they had stuck with Jasmine and Edward, wanting to get to the top of the cliff to look over the ocean. Me and Tyler had obviously agreed to come with them but I had warned them that I would wander off. My mother and father had gone to a restaurant for a date day which was cute because they seemed so happy about going on a date and got all dressed up.

I shrug it off and pull my legs up, watching as a young girl walks past. I swing down to face her, using the crook of my knees to keep myself from falling off the branch.

"Who are you?" The girl asks, making me grin at her naivety. She couldn't have been more than twelve or thirteen.

"You can see me?" I ask, acting shocked. Her eyes widen, making me giggle softly. "Just kidding, I'm real and alive," I say as I swing back up and drop down onto my feet. "I'm Allison," I say, holding my hand out.

"I'm Penelope," she says as she shakes my hand. "What are you doing here Allison?" She asks curiously.

"Ehh, I'm just here with my family," I say, making her nod. "What are you doing here?" I question.

"I wander these woods everyday. At least every day that our ship is docked. We're leaving today actually," she tells me, making me nod.

"You an orphan then kid?" I ask, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"How do you know that?" She asks while narrowing her eyes slightly.

"Most parents don't let their kid wander the woods everyday especially during school hours," I shrug. "Don't worry, I won't tell. You live your life and I'll live mine," I say.

"Okay...but if you tell me then you won't live to regret it," she tells me, making me nod.

"Got it, you're understood," I laugh softly as I walk away from her with a small smile on my lips. Kids look so cute when they try to act tough.

I hop and skip down the stones that led to the shore. Standing still on a rock as I look over the water, I slowly lower myself to a sitting position and sit there.

The water is dark and I can barely see the bottom but that doesn't matter because at least I can see the bottom somewhat. I sit there for a bit and look up and down the shore to see if anyone else has decided to come down to look at the water. I look up at the cliff and shake my head, figuring I should probably get back to everyone now so that they didn't start worrying about me.

I move to get up and my hand slips making my upper half fall back. My head cracks against the rock I was sitting on making me wince. I try to dig my nails into the stone as I start to slide into the water, my vision blurring. As I lose any hold I had, I slip into the murky water.

I try to tread the water and stay afloat but my head just feels so heavy and it just seems so hard. My head goes under and I gasp, inhaling water as I try to remember how to swim. I used to know but it seemed that I had forgotten over the years.

I turn over onto my back, trying to float instead of sink but my body is just dragged down into the murky depths. My eyes close as I feel my world spin even more, my head throbbing in the back from the pain. I open my eyes once more as my body settles at the bottom and I stare up through the murky water, my eyes burning as they start to close.

I feel the water get disturbed as my eyes close and I lose my consciousness. I feel something grab me and start to pull me up towards the surface, feeling my head break the water. "We're gonna need some help!" A man's voice calls as he pulls my limp body against the current of the water.

There is a sequel for this book! It's called the royal assassin