MY baby

*Annabelle's P.O.V*
I was slightly worried about how we were going to get Allison to bed but since Maxon gave her all the sugar I made him suffer the consequence of making her that hyper, and I was still pissed over him bringing home a kitten, he had to run around with her chasing him all night long.

Once she was tired enough to lay down, I made her a bottle and gave it to her so she could sleep before going to the spare room connected to the bedroom that would be Allison's room. I sat down and spent a while pumping as much breast milk as I could, wanting Allison to have a supply at the ready.

Once I put it in the fridge to keep it cool, I head to bed. I curl up with Allison nuzzling into my breasts as she sleeps. "My sweet baby," I murmur as I kiss the top of her head. I fell asleep soon after, making sure to keep her tucked in.

The next morning, I spend a while getting ready knowing I have public relations with the council. I sent Allison off with my mother and Elena, them having to promise her that they were going to go on a fun picnic. I fix my bodycon blue dress and gray heels, letting my hair flow free as I walk to the throne room.

"Hello," I greet the council with a small smile. Even though I was a little bothered about how nosey they were yesterday, I knew they only did it because they cared and didn't want me to be hurt if Allison had turned out to be a fake little.

"Umm Annabelle, did you tell anyone outside the castle or out of your family about Allison?" Cersei, the lead council member, asks me.

"No, why do you ask?" I question her with a small frown on my face.

"Because it's in all of the papers," Cersei sighs. "I just thought you should know before we start allowing people in," she states.

"Alright. Thank you for letting me know," I reply as I nod my head slightly. I felt devastated that news about Allison had gotten out, not because I was ashamed of having a little but because I knew people wouldn't make it easy on her at all.

I manage to handle the first few people. They had innocent enquiries that I was happy to answer seeing as they simply seemed curious about me being a caregiver for Allison and Allison being a little for me. There were a few agitating questions about it but Cersei took care of those questions, knowing my temperament.

I immediately grimace when I see the next person in line who was going to speak. This was supposed to be a day to allow citizens to ask questions or voice concerns but I didn't realize it was also a day of letting assholes into my home.

"Why is he here?" I ask Cersei with a frown on my face.

"We can't stop anyone from coming to open sessions," Cersei replies.

"You remember what happened last time he was here and I had a little," I whisper as I grit my teeth together.

"Yes but we can't stop him from coming here Annabelle. So just sit back and try to ignore him," Cersei retorts. I sigh and nod my head slightly.

"So another little huh, your majesty? Didn't you learn that in my opinion, which is right, that they're not even worth having," the nobleman says and I have to stop myself from face palming. He couldn't sound any more pompous if he tried.

"Hmm yes," I say as I look in my pockets.

"What are you looking for?" He asks as he frowns.

"When I asked your opinion. Oh right, I never did," I reply with a frown. Perhaps it was childish of me but I couldn't help but not be nice to a man who had never been nice to me.

"Your majesty, I'm serious-" I cut him off quickly.

"Oh your parents weren't very creative were they?" I ask as I look at my nails.

"Haha so funny," he rolls his eyes.

"Oh yes, I am. Kind of like your marriage," I say with a small smile.

"I did not come here to be attacked," he states as he straightens out his coat.

"I did not invite you here to attack my baby," I reply.

"She's not your baby. She's a grown woman," he raises his voice slightly.

"She's my baby. No matter what assholes like you want to say, that's what she is," I reply as I roll my eyes.

"I can't believe we're allowing you to rule our country," he snarks.

"I can't either. I think the king was a little tipsy when proposed to me," I smirk as I cross one leg over another. "But regardless, he married me and not you so get over it. We all know that's the reason you come to complain about things in my life," I say.

"I would never, ever be interested in a man," he says, sounding disgusted.

"You sound a bit homophobic," I reply.

"Oh so you'd be with a woman," he states it as if the idea is impossible for me to even consider.

"No. I'm married and not a cheater. I was just telling you your options because we all know a divorce is in your future," I smile as I glance at Cersei who rolls her eyes at my childishness.

"Whatever. You're a crazy, psychotic bitch," he says as he glares at me. Cersei blinks in surprise as she grabs my arm, probably to keep me from getting up and starting a physical altercation. I slowly stand up and look down at her.

"I can handle my temper just fine," I say, pulling away as I walk down the stairs to be face to face with. "Next time you want to talk about my baby, you'll see how much of a crazy, psychotic bitch I really am," I reply. "By the way, your time is up. Guards make sure I don't see him again for today," I order as I go back to my throne, ignoring his splutters of protest.

"Next time, don't talk about MY baby," I state plainly.