Cooties

*Allison's P.O.V*
I squirm slightly, trying to escape the arms that are wrapped around me. "Allison calm down," the familiar voice of Annabelle coos in my ear. I shake my head as I bite my bottom lip, trying to bring back the familiar pain. My lower lip usually had little scars because of how hard I bit and I like the pain of the tiny wound as something to focus on.

"Allison, do not bite your lip," Annabelle says as she tries to gently pull my bottom lip out from between my teeth causing me to bite my bottom lip harder. Why was she trying to stop me from doing something that helped me be able to focus? Didn't she understand why I needed the pain.

Normally biting my lip this hard is a last resort though because I would be able to scratch at my arms or legs but Annabelle has her arms wrapped around me causing my arms to be trapped. "Let me go," I say frustratedly as tears burn my eyes.

"I can not do that," Annabelle replies as she tilts me back, cradling me against her chest. She starts to hum a lullaby which is oddly soothing and causes me to still after a moment.

"Yes you can," I say with a small frown. "It's not that hard," I mutter while squirming in her grip slightly.

"I can not do that until you fully calm down for me," Annabelle says as she rocks back and forth, making me whine. She started to softly sing the words of a lullaby while rubbing my back.

I feel my resistance start to crack and crumble away, giving away to something that feels much lighter. My mind feels all fuzzy and I lean into Annabelle for comfort.

"You okay sweetheart?" She asks, making me nod with a small smile. Her grip loosens slightly which allows me to sit up on her lap. "You sure you are okay?" She asks.

"'M fine," I say, her eyes widening slightly at the change in my voice. I look around the room while leaning against Annabelle.

"Alright," Annabelle says as she pats my back. I turn to look at her and smile slightly.

"I'm hungry," I tell her as I bounce slightly on my knees. "Can we eat?" I ask with a grin.

"Of course," Annabelle smiles as she scoops me up, resting me on her hip as she stands up. I grin as I grab a strand of her hair, playing with it quietly. "Is my hair fun to play with?" She coos while bouncing me slightly.

"Yes," I squeal happily while smiling at her. I squirm and giggle when she starts to tickle my sides. "No ticklin' me," I pout slightly.

"Oh why not? Is it because you are ticklish?" She asks with a smile.

"No," I shake my head quickly. I gently tap her nose with my finger while giggling softly. "You're silly," I say with a matching grin.

"No, you are silly," she says while grabbing my hand and kissing it. "You are a silly girl," she coos

"Gross, you have cooties," I say while wiping my hand on my romper. I stick my tongue out as I troy to get down.

"I do not have cooties, you probably do," she says while patting my bottom.
I huff as I glare at her, offended by her words.

"I do not! You do," I say while crossing my arms.  How dare she say I have cooties? Doesn't she understand that only boring adults have those. I pause slightly, wondering where that thought had come from but shrugging it off.

"Whatever you say baby," Annabelle chuckles as she puts me down once we are in the dining room. Maxon was standing on one side of the table and his mom was standing on the other side. He glances at me and runs over, scooping me up.

"I have your granddaughter, you can not hurt me now," he says while holding me out like a shield.  "Well you can but you risk hurting her too," he points out.

"Ohh you're lucky I love her," Elena says as she smiles at me before glaring at him.

"You don't love me?" Maxon asks while frowning playfully.

"Not at all," Elena shakes her head. "You may be my only child but you are somehow not my favorite," she says.

"Rude," Maxon murmurs. He looks to the side when Annabelle comes back. I hadn't even noticed that she had left because I was paying attention to Maxon and Elena. Annabelle offers me a bowl which I gladly take and look into, smiling when I see the animal crackers.

"Thank you," I smile while grabbing one and munching on it happily.

"You are welcome baby," she says while gently touching my cheek.

"Ew cooties," I giggle while pulling back from her hand.

"Oh hush, I do not have cooties," she says.

"That sounds like something someone with cooties would say," Maxon points out.

"Yeah," I say while sticking my tongue out.

"Oh so you are both ganging up on me now," Annabelle says while rolling her eyes.

"No....yes," Maxon says while stealing an animal cracker which makes me pout at him. "We're on the same team, you can share with me right?" He points out.

"I don't want to share with you," I giggle while eating another animal cracker.

"Rude," he mutters while acting offended.

"You're rude," I say while frowning at him. He kisses my cheek before setting me down.

"Hey mean," I pout while sticking my tongue out. I squeal when he tries to tickle me, running and hiding against Annabelle for protection. "Meanie," I say, frowning when Annabelle and Maxon share a look.