s e v e n

I felt vibration on the floor as someone walked past me. I woke up to hear the group talking and Colby had just walked past me to get to his spot. I closed my eyes, trying to go back to sleep. But I couldn't help but listen.

"Why are you so mean to Av?" Kat asked.

"Well it's fun." Reggie answered. "And she knows that I don't mean it. She's one of my best friends." I tried not to smile when he said that.

"Aww." Tara squealed. "Stinky has a soft side."

"I'm so glad she's here. Even though she hadn't met all of us, I'm happy you guys decided to let her come. She's so nice and I love talking to her." Cassie added. I let a small smile form on my face, but not enough to let them notice.

"I agree with you. I was so nervous about her coming because I felt like she might be left out. But I'm really glad she is here." Colby exclaimed. Aww.

"Hey, Colby. So do you like Av or not?" Aryia asked. I heard Colby sigh.

"Well like, how can you not like her? She's funny, kind, caring, and beautiful." Colby replied. WHAT?! "I've been waiting so long to see her and I understand that we've only met in person a few hours ago, but I don't know. I'm rambling." He trailed off.

"Colby's got a crush!" Aryia taunted.

"Colby's got a crush!" They all chimed.

"Go for her brother!" Sam exclaimed.

"Yeah. All the girls have a thing for you." Corey added.

"Okay. But please, please, PLEASE, do NOT tell her!" Colby pleaded, enhancing the words "please" and "not".

"Ok brother chill." Jake replied. I heard rustling behind me and then there was a sharp pain in the middle of my back. My eyes shot open.

"Ow!" I yelped.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I was trying to move my feet." Colby said. I saw everyone widen their eyes at Colby. I sat up. "Do you need ice?" I shook my head. He kicked me pretty hard. He pulled me into him and hugged me.

"Aww." Kat squealed. "You guys look so cute together!" Colby got tense. I pursed my lips.

"Can I check if it's bruised?" Colby asked.

"Mhm." I hummed. I cringed at the pain of my back. Colby pulled my shirt away from the back of my neck.

"Aw, you have a bruise. But it's small." Colby whined. "I'll get an ice pack so it doesn't swell." He got up and walked out of the living room. My phone made a ding, indicating I got a text. It was Tara. Why did she have to text me when I'm literally in the same room as her?

imessage

tara⚡️
12:42 AM

tara⚡️
i have some JUICY tea about you and mr colby

ava😛
i know he likes me

tara⚡️
WHAT?!

ava😛
i was up the whole time