t h i r t y s i x

ava's pov

"You guys ready?" Jake asked. Everyone cheered.

Jake watched the flame carefully as he lit the fuse and ran away. The firework shot off and then sparkled in the sky. I cheered. 4 more went off until the fuse stopped glowing. Colby stood up as Jake handed him the lighter. He took out another pipe and placed it on the grass. Colby lit the fuse and rushed away. The firework shot up and exploded in the air. Everyone cheered as the rest went off.

—————

I've never really talked to Griffin, Xepher, or Brennen but they're really funny. They would consistently crack jokes while we were talking and make me laugh. As I was talking to everyone, my mind kept going to the fact that this would be gone in less than a week. I shook my head and cleared my mind.

—————

"This song sucks." Brennen groaned as "Firework" by Katy Perry played on the speaker.

"It really does." I groaned. "Wait, I got you." I ran over to the speaker and picked up my phone which was connected to it. I started to play "My Type" by Saint Motel.

"Isn't this song from David Dobrik?" He asked as I ran back over. I nodded. Colby walked over to me and held my hands.

"Take a look around the room." I sang. "Love comes wearing disguises."

"How to go about and choose." Colby sang.

"Break it down by shapes and sizes." We chimed.

"I'm a man who's got very specific taste." Colby sang. We started jumping around.

"You're just my type!" We practically yelled. "Oh, you got a pulse and you're breathing!" Everyone started jumping around with us. "You're just my type! Ooh, I think it's time we get leaving! You're just my type. Oooh!" Colby pulled me into him and kissed me.