t h i r t y n i n e

I dangled my feet over the edge and looked down. It was a long way down and I widened my eyes. Colby sat down next to me and put his arm around me. We looked towards the setting sun. Sam sat down next to me. He gave me a soft smile and I gave him one back. I was holding back my tears. It was depressing that I had to leave them. I didn't know one month could change your life. Literally. June 1st, I had just met all of the Stranger Friends members. Now here I am. July 9th.

I have the best friends you could ever ask for.

I have an amazing boyfriend that I love.

I have met David Dobrik and the Vlog Squad.

I reunited with my sister.

I started a YouTube channel.

I hit 4 million on Instagram.

I hit 10 million on Tik Tok.

I got to go on tour.

I reunited with Bryce.

I met Elton.

And I basically have to throw most of that away.

When I leave tomorrow, everything will go back to what I used to call normal. But here in L.A., on tour, with my best friends was now normal. It wasn't going to be the same when I went back. It was truly devastating I had to leave this unbelievable life style in less then 12 hours.

—————

Colby and I didn't say anything for a while and just sat there. We all did. We just watched the sun fall behind the mountains and the sky turn from blue, to orange, to pink, purple, then black. It was silent. No one said anything. It wasn't an awkward silence though. I honestly don't know what to call it. It was almost a comfortable silence, if that makes sense. I then felt Colby shift. I turned towards him and he was turned towards me too.

"Look Av, I just wanna say, I love you, and I wish you the best back in Maryland. I'm really going to miss you and you know that." Colby whispered. Tears welled up in my eyes and fell.

"I love you too bubs." My voice was shaky. "And I will definitely come back. I just don't know when."

"No, no. Don't cry Av." Colby whispered. I sniffled. "It's going to be okay." His voice sounded shaky now. "I just can't believe you're leaving. This has been a dream, and now my dream is ending." He answered. I hugged him. I kissed him on the cheek and continued our hug.

third person pov

They could tell the others heard them, but they weren't going to judge because they would miss her too.

ava's pov

"Hey." I heard Tara whisper. She was behind me and Colby.

"Tara." I cried. I stood up and hugged her.

"Don't cry, cookie. You're not leaving tonight. We need to make the most of a few hours. I want you to be happy."

"I don't want to leave. I want to stay here, but I can't."

"None of us want you to leave, Av. Please move here." I started ugly crying.

"I don't want to go, Tara. But I have to. I can't pick up everything and leave. I'm so sorry."

"You don't have anything to be sorry about." She rubbed my back. "I love you, cookie. I hope you know that." I sighed.

"I guess we do have to make the most of it."

"Let's go."

a/n: i'm sorry i cut off the book so short, there were supposed to be more stuff that happened but i forgot to add it in there. there is only going to be a few more chapters till the end of this book :(