s i x t e e n

I got into the car and waved to the Sway boys. Bryce drove off with me and Tayler. I had forgiven Bryce. It was much like him to do that and I convinced Colby that I didn't like him but I totally broke him. I can make it up to him, right?

—————

"Can I say hi to Colby?" Bryce asked as I got out of the car.

"Next time." I responded.

"When's that?" He asked.

"Thursday at Jake's surprise party." I answered. "Bye guys!"

"Bye Av!" Tayler and Bryce said at the same time. I opened the door to the Traphouse and waved one last time. I closed the door and kicked my shoes off. I need to relax, today was a longgg day. I walked to the other side of the house and opened the glass-sliding door, then closing it and ran to the pool. I sat on the edge and dipped my feet in. I sighed and got my phone out to check my social medias.

—————

I ended up going in the pool. It was lit up with bright lights which made it easy to see. I stared at the house and up into Colby's window. The lights were off so he was probably sleeping. Just thinking of him made me tear up a bit. I really really like him and now there is no chance with him. I'm 90% sure that I broke his heart. It's my fault. Ugh, I hate everything. I turned so I was on my back. I closed my eyes and just stayed there, thinking. The wind started to pick up and I didn't think anything of it. But once I felt a tap on my skin, my eyes opened. Rain started pouring down and there was a soft rumble. I panicked and swam towards the edge of the pool. The rain came down hard and cold. The sky lit up and I gasped. I took my phone and clothes and tried to run but I could barley see the house through the rain. There was a loud rumble.

"Ava!" Someone shouted. I looked up to see Colby. "What are you doing?" He ran towards me.

"I don't know! I was just swimming!" I yelled. He scooped me up and ran with me. The sky flashed much brighter than it did before. Colby ran faster and into the house. He gasped for air once he closed the door. The water was dripping all over the floor and my teeth were chattering. He ran upstairs for a second and came back down with one of his blankets. "I don't want to ruin it."

"You won't." He said. He wrapped it around me and then hugged me. "Are you okay?"

"Yes." I whispered. He kissed my forehead and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Okay good." He replied. He scooped me up again and brought me up to his room. "Sam, Jake, and Corey are sleeping. The girls left earlier."

"Okay, can I take a shower?" I asked him.

"Of course." He answered. I took a pair of shorts out of my bag and walked into the bathroom.

—————

I was putting on my pajamas when I realized I didn't bring a shirt into the bathroom.

"Danggit." I said quietly.

"What happened?" Colby asked.

"I forgot to bring a shirt in here..." I trailed off. The door opened a bit and Colby stuck his hand through with his koala hoodie. I smiled at the action and took it. "Thank you."

"No problem." He replied. I walked out of the bathroom with the hoodie on. "It looks great on you." He gave me a smile.

"Thanks." I said. "I'm sorry about before..."

"Oh I'm fine." He responded.

"Okay." I said under my breath. I turned off the bathroom light and got into his bed.

"Good night, Avacado." He whispered as he kissed my cheek.

"Good night Colbear." I said back and fell asleep.

June 9, 2020
4 days until tour

I shot up when I felt something cold on my skin. My hair was drenched again and so was Colby's hoodie. Sam was above me with a bucket. Jake and Corey were quietly laughing in the corner of the room.

"Seriously Sam?" I groaned. I took the pillow and put it over my head.

"Colby's turn!" He exclaimed. There was another bucket on the ground and he flung the water inside at Colby. Colby got covered in water but didn't wake up.

"I didn't realize he was this deep of a sleeper!
What?" I chuckled. I looked back at Sam. "I'm still mad at you." I took the bucket off the floor and filled it up with water in the bathroom. When I came back out, the three guys were nowhere to be seen. "Oh Sam!" I tip-toed out of Colby's room and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen.

"Boo." Someone said. I jumped and the water flew everywhere. I slipped on it but Corey caught me.

"Corey!" I yelled. I softly slapped him.

"Corey!" Jake said in a mocking voice. He came out of a nearby closet. Sam followed him out.

"Woah, what were you guys doing in there?" I asked. Sam and Jake looked at each other and widened their eyes. I laughed.

—————

imessage

charlie🙃
11:28 AM

ava💩
hey can i still come over today

charlie🙃
no i'm really sorry :(
i have to film and i would totally include you in it but i have a ton of things set up
maybe friday?

ava💩
i'm leaving for minneapolis that day 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
i guess i might have to see you next month idk

charlie🙃
oh ok :((
i'm so sorry
if you go back to maryland then i'll visit

ava💩
okay :((( bye bye

charlie🙃
bye av

real time

"Hey!" Colby yelled from upstairs. I covered my mouth. Sam, Corey, and Jake had scared looks in their face. "Why am I in a puddle of water?!"

"It was Sam's fault!" I shouted back.

"Sam!" Colby screamed.