Chapter 6 | taskforce

The past week or so had been you getting used to the modern world. It was pretty fun, lots of new technology and fun things to do. And you were very glad that the world was much better with equality than the 1800s. Women had more rights, LGBT was more accepted, mental health was taken more seriously, it was great. Of course the world still had problems, but you were happy that progress was being made. You were a love goddess after all, all you really want is equality.

Today, you'd be meeting the taskforce. You and L had conducted a back story for yourself to tell them. He and Watari were the only ones that could know you weren't human. To the taskforce you'd be his bodyguard, nothing more, nothing less.

Other than that, you and L had definitely gotten more friendly. It felt natural, and you were already on pretty good terms. You make him breakfast, he shows you movies, you both talk all night. You'd become quite addicted to animated movies, they were fascinating to you. Moving pictures? You hadn't seen them before now.

In the past week he'd shown you all the old school Disney movies, Barbie movies, and pretty much anything fairytale related that was animated in some form. You'd spent a whole day just watching movies on the weekend. It was clear you'd be a bit of a movie addict.

But today you didn't have the time to watch anything as a meeting was about to happen. Any minute now the taskforce would walk through the door. L had shown you their profiles in the police database, but it only really showed the basics like name, date of birth and age. Nothing about what they were like as people. But you were a goddess, you'd be able to read their auras the second they walked in.

"You want some tea? I'm making some" you asked.

L looked up from his computer, watching you grab the box of tea bags.

"Yes please, earl grey would be nice"

"Sure thing"

You poured the water you'd boiled into the cups and dipped the teabags in and out, watching the water turn that usual tea colour. And as usual, added a drop of rose water to L's. You hoped it'd take effect soon, his sad aura made you worry about him. You bought the mugs down to the coffee table as well as a bowl of sugar cubes. So far you'd figured out how L likes his sugar with black tea, chamomile and lavender. But not earl grey, you gotta watch how many cubes he puts in.

"Thank you" he said.

As the words left his mouth, there was a knock on the door.

"There they are. I'll clean up the counter real quick" you said.

You turned to put the tea stuff away and listened to the scene play out.

"It's open, please, let yourselves in" L said.

You heard the door open, followed by footsteps and a series of confused noises. You snickered under your breath. Yeah, L isn't exactly the kind of person you'd imagine when you hear worlds greatest detective. He looks like a tired university student drowning in student loans debt, when you'd imagine the worlds greatest detective to be some old wise man or something.

"I am L"

Well... that was straight to the point.

"I'm Yagami, chief of the NPA"

"Uh... I'm Matsuda"

"Aizawa"

"Mogi"

"Ukita"

You mentally face palmed. Don't give out your real name so carelessly! You could since you couldn't be killed via Death Note, but they're humans. It's a whole other ballpark.

You turned to out the kettle back in it's place when you heard L simply state "bang!"

What? What is this strange man in about. Did he shoot them with a finger gun or something?

"Uh, what the hell was that?" Aizawa said.

"If I were kira you'd be dead, Mr Soichiro Yagami, chief of the NPA. Kira needs a face and name to kill, don't give out your names so carelessly. Let's value our lives" L replied.

You listened to the quiet chatter as you watched the men walk into the room, L curling up as usual. When you closed the cupboard after putting the tea bags away, that's when everyone noticed you.

"Uh... L, who's this?" Matsuda asked.

"That's (y/n), she's my bodyguard. She accompanies me on every case. I have hundreds of criminals after me after all, get rid of the worlds greatest detective and you eliminate a massive threat. She keeps me safe" L explained.

"Nice to meet you all" you smiled.

They greeted you, then turned to sit around the table L was at. You pulled up a chair at the breakfast bar in the kitchen that connected to their room to watch them. As they started to discuss the case, you focused on the taskforce, reading into their auras. You'd been a deity for a very long time, you'd watched humans lives for a long time. And cops? You were extremely skeptical about them. You'd seen the lives of lots of corrupt cops, you hoped these guys weren't that.

Cheif Yagami, he was... study. Serious but relaxed with his family. He loved his wife and kids, that's good. He was through and had strong morals.

Aizawa, hot headed. Easily irritated but very logical. Also loved his wife and child, good. Strong willed but emotional.

Matsuda, honestly... a bit of an airhead. But he has good intentions and tries his best. Very bubbly but can be serious when he needs to be. Hopeless romantic yet has no significant other. Adores his friends and family.

Mogi, strong and silent type. Hard worker, efficient. Very serious person who works best in serious environments.

Ukita, good intentions but tends to act on a whim. Believes strongly in justice and doesn't like to stand by in times of peril. Also, very efficient worker.

So that was the taskforce huh? Interesting. All of them contrast L pretty differently. You could also feel some unease coming off them. Probably because this was the Kira case and they'd only just met L. They don't know if they would trust him just yet. They seemed... trustworthy for now. Hopefully they stayed that way.

You watched L take a sip of his tea, give it a quizzical look then put more sugar in it. 8 cubes to be exact. Jesus he can really handle a lot of sugar.

Listening to them all task was both boring and interesting. You were up to date on the case thanks to L, so detail wise you were bored but analysing the taskforce was interesting. You wondered how they'd react if one day they found out your true form.

One thing you also happened to get from their auras was that of self love. Most of them seemed to be content with themselves, or have no opinion. But Matsuda seemed a little bit insecure, he's focusing too hard of pleasing others than on himself. Maybe you could change that. It was such an instinct for you to try and make everyone happy with themselves. That and pair people together, that's just how it is as a love goddess.

You could let a lot about someone's love life just by looking at them. If they loved themselves, if they had a crush, their sexuality, if they wanted a relationship or not. All kinds of love related things. And that single aura coming of Matsuda told you that you may have to play Cupid in the future. Everyone else was married, I'm a good relationship and content with it. They all were very settled in the love department. Probably why L and Matsuda had the strongest auras in the room, as they weren't as settled in that department.

"(Y/n)"

You snapped out of your daze, turning to look at L.

"I'm going to talk to everyone individually to clear any suspicions. I'm sure you can hold down the fort?" L said.

Wow, you zoned out that far and the meeting was already almost over?

"Yeah sure"

You watched L walk off with the chief. Leaving you with the taskforce, and you could tell... they all had questions.