A/n - answering a question I get alot

Ok so, a few chapters ago I mentioned I practice witchcraft and I base a lot of the magic in this book off witchcraft magic.

Annnnnddd then a bunch of people started asking for tips on how to start it.

So here's a lil post about that. Remember, I'm by no means an expert. I'm approaching almost a year doing it now so still very new in the spiritual journey. But I have picked up a few things I can share.

1) write down literally everything. You'll forget it if you don't.

This is what a book of shadows is for. Where you put all your spells, information etc. you'll see a lot of people have very fancy books but for beginners I'd say to stay away from those. I know it's tempting to have a pretty book but your first book will be messy and all kind of information will be out of order. Once you've gathered a lot of information you can get a fancy book and make it all pretty.

Mine is literally a leaver arch file

That way I can take out pages and rearrange them, section them based on the information and book mark everything so it's easier to find

That way I can take out pages and rearrange them, section them based on the information and book mark everything so it's easier to find. It can also fit a fuck load of pages and god knows you'll need that.

Research is very important in the craft, you'll never truly stop gathering information so keeping it in one spot makes things easier.

Things I'd recommend researching:
-basic spells like protection and luck.
-colour magic
-types of witches
-candle magic
-cleaning
-crystals
-the elements
-warding
-food magic
-types of water
-alters
-deities
-divination
-the fae
-tarot
-spirits and the astral realm.
-meditation
-the seasons
-moon cycles
-castling circles.
-charging
-banishing.
-the sabbaths (if you're doing Wicca)

2) setting up an alter.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. But this will be were you do your spell work and keep your witch supplies. All you need is a flat surface, and something to represent the five elements. Water, fire, earth, air, spirit. There's lots of pictures on Pinterest to get ideas.

3) finding your path.

There's lots of types of craft. I'm a sea witch, who likes to work with love and the power of the ocean. (Wow you totally cant tell I'm drawn to Aphrodite)

But there's tons more, you don't need to know straight away what type you are. Some people take years. But it can help to pick one as a bit of a guide. A lot of people are overwhelmed by the amount of research you have to do. But picking a path as a general idea can help.

You like plants? Try researching green witchcraft. You like cooking? Look at kitchen witchcraft. This can help narrow down things to research first. But it's not compulsory.

Work things you love into the craft. If you like to draw, you can do spells with that. If you like too cook, you can work spells into food. If you are like me and are neck need in fandom hell, you can enchant fandom jewellery into protective amulets.