Chapter 65 | early planning

"Hey Dionysus?"

The wine god turned to face Matt, who'd appeared behind him at some point during his grape harvesting.

"Yeah kiddo?" He replied.

"Do deities have like... special weddings? Because I remember seeing in books that fae do, and mermaid is they're real"

"We do actually, since we're technically immortal it's not a life commitment it's a forever one"

Matt sat by the basket of grapes, picking a few out and eating them. He'd been watching you and L over the ponds, and it made him wonder how things would work if you got married since you're both deities.

"How does it work?" He asked.

"The love Kami usually set things up. They love weddings. A rose for each human life spent together is made into an arch and that's where the couple stand when everything becomes offical. Fancy robes are worn, there's lots of sacred wine, and rings are exchanged like in a human wedding. But there's a few other things only deities do" Dionysus explained.

"Like what?"

"Sacred sky dancing and music, gifts are almost always enchanted with love spells, the love Kami bless the couple, and yours truly makes a powerful enchanted wine. The vows are spoken and they each take a glass of wine, link arms and drink it. Then when they kiss their souls are tied together. But since Aph already gave them the rings to tie their souls together so L could become a deity without dying a tragic death, they'd probably only drink the wine as a formality rather than a ritual"

Matt was intrigued. Ever since he'd been up here all the magic was constantly on his mind, he wanted to know how everything worked and use as much of it as he could as a human kid.

"Can deities adopt kids?" He asked.

"Yep, works the same way as humans. But enchantments can be cast to tie the souls together in a family" Dionysus explained, picking up the basket of grapes and heading to his winery.

Matt followed behind eagerly wanting to know more.

"Can deities make kids in any way? Or is it just like humans?"

"Biological reproduction like humans is the main way, but deities can crate life from other body parts. Wanna know how I was born?" Dionysus said, smirking at the last part.

Matt was aware of some of Dionysus' mythos, but now how he was born.

"How?" Matt asked.

"My mother couldn't hold me so Zeus sewed me into his thigh and I was born a few months later"

Matt have him a confused, shocked look.

"How in the actual hell-" he sputtered.

"Magic" Dionysus laughed.

"So like... could you make a deity from an amputated limb?"

"If it's still fresh yes"

"What about mixing DNA from other parts of the body like hair or nails?"

"It's possible yes. Most people just go for a normal pregnancy though since it's the easiest way to form a child. Or you'd have to so something like Zeus did with me"

Entering the winery, the god placed the basket of grapes next to several others. Getting supplies to make wine off shelves. He could tell Matt was going to keep asking questions, so he may as well get him to help out while he answered them.

"Tell you what kid, go get Mello and Near and I'll let you guys crush the grapes by jumping on them. I'll answer all your questions while we make the wine" he said.

"Ok, I'll be back! Wait... if we help make it can we have some?" Matt asked.

"L said no alcohol for you guys you're too young"

Matt sighed, worth a shot.

"Buuuttt... I can make you guys a non alcoholic version"

"Yes! Thanks, I'll go get them!"

Matt ran off to go get the others who were probably still watching you and L. Dionysus watched him excitedly run out, laughing at how cute his enthusiasm was.

"This kids are such chaos, I love it"

Meanwhile wandering though the fields upon fields of life ponds Aphrodite was still in search of Lights. He held a scroll of all the people in the world with the last name Yagami, and surprisingly there were quite a few. They all had coordinates as to where the ponds were, but Lights was so far away. She'd be walking for ages, especially since everything is in alphabetical order by last names. And Yagami is The second last letter in the alphabet. His would be next to his mum's, his dads and his sisters.

"Curse this family name for being so far down in the alphabet" she sighed.

She looked at all the plaques on the ponds she passed by.

"How am I still in A territory? Surely they're can't be that many last names starting with A..."

In the practical sea of ponds, in the corner of her eye she spotted two white Lilly plants. A sign the person who had a pond in that spot had died. Something about that felt familiar... why was it?

"Two people... I feel like that's significant in this case... wait- MISAS PARENTS! Amane starts with A!"

Turning on her heels she rushed up to the bushes and sure enough in front of them sat a lone life pond with a plaque reading Misa Amane. She knelt down in front of it, touching the water and watching it ripple until the image showed up.

Zephyr and Misa lay on a pull out sofa under a ripped off curtain together, the building looked run down and unkempt.

"For kamis sakes- it's inside the building... I can't get an address or appearance from the outside to relay to L and (y/n), and with that damn spell Yagami has put on the place I can't track them with magic... hold on why is Misa locked up with zephyr?"

She leaned in closer examining the scene, the girls slept, the makeshift blanket half hanging off. Zephyrs wings looked bruised through the feathers and slightly bent out of shape. She held Misa close to her from behind, her hand linked with Misa's resting atop her tummy.

"No... is she pregnant? What on earth happened..?"

This confirmed zephyr was kidnapped and her wings most likely broken. From the position she was in with Misa Aphrodite could tell something had happened between her and Light, probably the pregnancy that caused her to be thrown in with zephyr. They seemed so close to quick though. Friends don't usually cuddle to sleep like that...

"Hmm... I'll have to keep looking for Lights pond so I can see the exterior of the building. He must be the only one that can leave the building... the only one I can use to see the outside. I'll get someone to tell L and (y/n) what's going on with Misa and zephyr... once I look into this sudden closeness they have..."