Chapter 74| celebrate

A/n: just a warning that the next chapter is S P I C Y. Finally finished this, went inside quick break because I got sick. Still am a bit but at least I'm not practically dying now.

One week since Light had his ass handed to him. Of course, the deaths stopped, the media picked up on it. And the case was officially closed. All that was left to was to tie up loose ends in everyone's personal lives that were affected by the case.

But you could do that a little later. Of course the Kami do love their celebrations, so with the defeat of Kira came a banquet. You been to a few deity banquets before, nothing like a Kami one though. L though, had never even been to a birthday party before. Social settings weren't his thing, but the two of you were invited specifically.

You knew there'd be holy wine, and that shit gets you fucked up. You were prepared for that, you warned L about that as well, but he still insisted he was going to try some because he'd heard from Dionysus that his strawberry wines were the sweetest ones he had.

You also knew that while everyone dressed formal, and there was fancy food, it was more like a party than an actual banquet. Dancing, singing, socialising etc.

"This is a bit extra" L said, looking at his reflection at the fancy deity robes you'd dressed him in.

"It's a Kami banquet honey, it has so be extra" you replied.

"Is the cape really needed? I feel like people will just step on it"

You turned him to face you, brushing down his outfit one last time, making sure it was neat.

"Cloak actually. You'll be fine. You look amazing, like the god you were always meant to be" you smiled.

"Please, you're the one here that's a full blown love goddess, known for their beauty" he replied.

"Oh stop it, you know you're pretty don't get ams deflect onto me"

He actually agreed with you. Maybe it was all that rose water you'd fed him over the year, but his confidence and general self love had gone up by a lot. Of course like anyone he had bad days, but he was actually able to say he liked his eyebags, found his untameable hair fitting for him, and didn't try to cover up all the scars from his life pre-wammys.

"Yeah, I know" he said.

"Say it"

"I'm pretty. There, happy? Now you say it"

"I'm hella pretty, and you know it" you replied.

You took his hand, kissing his knuckles. Leaving your place in the aether, bound for the gates of the highlands. Walking up the stairs was always entertaining to you now, because no matter how hard anyone scrubbed, Lights blood was still left in a faint stain. A warning to anyone who tried to follow in his footsteps.

You thought about inviting the taskforce and Misa, but misa had the baby to take care of with zeph. And it seemed inappropriate to invite the taskforce since you were basically celebrating lights death, someone they watched grow up and had mixed feelings on.

You reached the grand hall, pushing the doors open and finding most of the Kami already there. Classical music playing, fancy robes everywhere, tabes full of delicious looking food. Immediately you were approached by Dionysus, dripped out in silk purple and gold robes, belts made out of vines and very much conveying his status as god of wine.

"Hey you're finally here, lookin fancy" he said.

"Better a little late than never. I guess we're still kind of waking up from sleeping all week" you said.