Chapter 32 | double date

"Man... this has gotta be the lamest date I've ever been on..."

You kinda had to agree with Misa there. You were literally a love deity, you know a thing or two about dates.

L had been following Light around constantly watching him. He considered handcuffing himself light at one point. But he decided against that for the purposes of the plan. So instead he'd been following him around and keeping him under constant security cameras. Light and Misa being the main suspects means they can't be left alone together, so you and L sat in the room too, on an awkward date of sorts.

Most of this date was Misa and L throwing verbal jabs at each other. If she wasn't a Kira and so addicted to Light, they could honestly have a very funny friendship.

"You pervert! Could you stop it with your creepy hobby?" Misa exclaimed.

"You can call me whatever you like, last chance for cake" L replied.

You watched as L stepped over the table to grab Misa's slice of cake she refused to eat, slightly snickering at her comment. Ironic calling someone who'd never even kissed someone until the last few months a pervert.

"Ok then, I'll just turn off the lights" Misa sassed.

"We have infa-red cameras in here too you know" L fired back.

She wasn't winning this, and when Light stepped in to change the subject you were kinda bummed because this banter between L and Misa was actually pretty funny. You honestly couldn't care less about what light had to say, you were too distracted by Misa's aura.

It was very clear this love for light was one sided. You could literally feel it in her aura. She was a very dedicated, love struck but sad individual. You didn't blame her being sad after having lost her parents and the killer walking free. But turning the Kira and being blindsided by love wasn't the way to cope. Sadly she'd fallen into that trap.

"You don't seem very motivated" light said.

"Not motivated? You're right. Actually I'm depressed..." L replied.

We been knew sweetheart.

You did really want him to feel happier but with so much going on in this traumatic case, it seemed he'd just have to endure it until you can make him get therapy... rose water will only do so much. He had definitely been getting better, but it'd be a king journey to heal from not only this case, but all the horrible things that have happened in his past. You remembered what his life pond looked like. It was surround by flowers, each one symbolising a death in that persons life. He had quite a few flowers around his...

As Light continued to talk, you got that warning tingle again. The same one you'd gotten when Lights dad had the heart attack. Your guard immediately went up, you glanced around the room. Trying to figure out what was going to happen. It was growing quickly, much quicker than the time at the cafe. God you hated when this happened. Sure it was a useful ability deities had, but it was so anxiety inducing.

"If we keep chasing a power that passes through people there's no point in trying so hard... I don't doubt it's possible... but the chances are just so slim, it's just a waste of time" L sighed.

Light looked mad. Your guard went fully up, you knew the warning tingles were from him.

"Ryuzaki-" he sighed.

"Hm?"

Light drew his fist back to throw a punch, but you leapt up, standing in between the two of them and catching Lights arm by the wrist. Not even flinching. When you said you'd protect L you meant it.

You dug your nails into his wrist, gripping it tightly.

"Careful Yagami... you wouldn't want to raise your suspicion would you?" You said, in an eerily calm tone.

Misa just looked at you with wide eyes, amazed at how fast you reacted and how you didn't even flinch or struggle when you caught Light.

Light just gave you a frustrated look and snatched his arm from your grip. Rubbing where the nail marks were in pain.

"Don't even try it" you added.

He sat back down in an angry silence. You gave L a wink when you turned to sit down again. He knew you'd sensed that coming, and gave you a slight smile for protecting him. You sat back down, Misa still amazed at that move.

"Holy hell girl, you're fast" she said.

"I have my ways" you replied.

"And strong! You didn't even flinch... you'd be able to snap my arm in half if we arm wrestled..."

"Like I said... I have my ways. Can't be a body guard if you're weak. Plus, L's stronger than he looks, I just saved Light a mean kick to the jaw and a bleeding tongue"

Light rolled his eyes. Not wanting part of the conversation anymore.

"L? Strong? He's a noodle no way" Misa said.

You looked over at L, holding an arm out to wrestle.

"Fine" he replied.

You both leaned over the table, locking hands and elbows touching the table top.

"Count us in" you asked.

"3,2,1- go!" Misa said.

You and L pushed against each other, he was a strong competitor when you were in your weaker form. He knew full well in your true form you could kick his ass with your eyes closed, but he also knew full well that your human form was weaker. You gave you a sassy grin, your arm starting to lean back with his force.

"Looks like I win" he sassed.

"Old saying, Don't count your chickens before they hatch" You sassed back, summoning up the rest of
Your strength and pushing his arm down to the table.

"Woah that was close! L really is stronger than he looks" Misa laughed.

You gave him a smirk.

"What was that about winning?" You said.

"Not fair, you have... more power"

"And don't you forget it, sunshine"