Chapter 20 | the underworld

Things were going suspiciously smooth. You definitely didn't trust Light being on the taskforce, but you may be able to use that to your advantage. As long as you're close to him you can read his aura, sense some danger when it pops up.

The taskforce has just sent the final response tape back to Sakura TV and we're moving onto profiling the second kira. Everyone sitting around the table working as they ate lunch. It was rather silent as everyone concentrated, until L heard tapping on the window behind him. When he turned he was met with zephyr looking in from the window, almost making him jump out of his skin. He tapped your shoulder and when you turned to see her you were a bit on edge. If L could see her that means she's visible to humans and if the taskforce looked up...

"Uh- L I need to talk to you. NOW-" you said, pulling him from his seat and dragging him into the hall.

Zephyr headed for the balcony connected to your room, just dodging the view of the taskforce as they watched in confusion as you pushed L out the room with you.

"What's that about?" Matsuda asked.

"Those two have a lot of secrets" Aizawa replied.

You headed out to the balcony where zephyr sat in the railing. The floor was high up so you doubted anyone on the ground outside would see her.

"What are you doing in plain sight-" you said.

"I have another message. I know it's a lot at once I mean I was literally here the other day, but this whole kira situation is insane. By the way hello L, I don't believe we've met in person" she said.

"We haven't, nice to properly meet you" L replied.

"Alright. Firstly. Aphrodite is very exited about you two"

She gave you a cheeky smile, playfully hitting your arm.

"I had a feeling she would be. Let me guess she's told all the Kami?" You replied.

"Oh yeah she has. Anyone that will listen to her knows"

L blushed at the knowledge of all the Kami knowing of his new relationship within a week of it happening. But he really shouldn't be shocked if Aphrodite was watching the two of you any chance she got.

"That's the fun news. This one is... less fun" zephyr said.

"Oh god, who's died?" You joked.

"No one yet. Hopefully it stays that way... hades has requested to see you in the underworld"

"He WHA-"

"You and L"

"Me? Why me what have I done?" L panicked.

"Nothing. You're not in trouble. Apparently he has a plan he needs to consult you both about involving Kira. He wants you both now"

"Now? The taskforce are literally right here! Uhh... give me a sec I gotta think of something..." You sighed.

"I'll ask Watari to cover for us" L said, going off to do so.

"How will we get a living human down there?" You asked zephyr.

"He's allowing L to pass through the barrier. We gotta get there via the astral plane, L has protection on him doesn't he?"

"He's got a necklace yeah, and Aphrodite is watching us so if something goes wrong she'll pull us out. Although I don't think she'll go too close to the underworld since you know... Persephone..."

Aphrodite and Persephone don't exactly get along, it's a feud that's been going on since... well forever. It's more of a silent feud now days, they keep their distance from each other. It started because in Ancient Greek times people began to worship Persephone over Aphrodite. And when people seek love and beauty from someone who isn't the goddess of love and beauty, said goddess gets mad.