Caapter 18 | note 2

Light sat before the blonde with pigtails why just exclaimed everything. Her Shinigami eyeing light down.

"Well, if you're going to join me it looks like I'll have to tell you something important..." Light sighed, crossing his arms.

"Oh? I promise I'll keep it a secret" Misa replied.

"Rem, you can confirm the existence of realms other than the human and Shinigami realms?" 

"I can. There's six I know of" rem said.

Misa turned time Rem, looking hot at her very intrigued and shocked.

"There's more?"

"Yes, and there's a goddess working with L. From a realm Ryuk said was called the aether" Light said.

"That's the one, it's essentially the opposite of us shinigami. They're the gods of love, life, arts, fertility etc. all the positive things in life" Ryuk explained.

Rem sighed, knowing that if the aether was involved, the other realms must be too. Potentially putting misa in a lot of danger.

"Why would a goddess be working with L?" Misa asked.

"Because by using the death note and killing such high numbers of people, the soul system is thrown out of proportion. You see, when you die you either reincarnate, go to MU, the underworld or become a deity yourself. But in order to become a deity you have to die in tragic circumstances. So there's no telling which death your soul has will cause that, or if it will happen to you at all. Because the soul system is messed up due to the high number of deaths, a goddess has come down to track the situation. And of course, she's on Ls side" Light explained.

"Woah, so each of us humans involved have a different type of deity following us, that's interesting... does she have any powers or anything or is she like the Shinigami and just watching?"

"Ryuk said that she's using a glamour spell to mask herself as a human. So in her goddess form she has power but I'm not sure about her human one. But I do know she can't be killed with the death note or any kind of sickness and physical attack. She's already dead and you can't kill what's already dead"

"Actually..."

Everyone turned to Misa, who has a proud smile on her face.

"I do know that to kill a Shinigami, you have to have them fall for a human and use their book to save them when they're meant to die. What if it's the same with her?" She asked.

"Can't be, she's a love deity. Love is her whole life so it wouldn't work as a weakness like that" Ryuk jumped in.

"Yeah, her whole job is to match make and over see couples. And if you ask me... I think L is in love with her" Light said.

Misa's eyes widened, intrigued by the topic of love between a human an deity. She knew Shinigami can't reproduce or have relationships with humans but you weren't a Shinigami, you were a literal deity of love.

"He is? Is that allowed?"

"I don't believe the atherials have a rule against it. They could definitely enter a relationship. The point is, if she's looking over Ls shoulder 24/7 it makes killing him a lot harder. That and... I may have angered some higher gods" Light said.

Ryuk laughed, Rem giving him an angry look.

"Are the Kami involved in this?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, lights really pissed off the Kami with the whole kira thing. That's why there's tensions between all the realms at the moment. I heard the other day that hades and Odin are involved" Ryuk chuckled.

"You do know how bad this could be right? It could lead to a realm war"

"That's what makes it so interesting"

"The ancient pantheons are real?" Misa asked.

"Yes, and that means L's little deity date has all the pantheons love gods on her side" Light replied.

Misa was silent for a moment, taking in all this information suddenly sprung on her. Kira was a lot more complex than she thought, beef with powerful gods, causing havoc in other realms. It was a lot to take in.

"And... you want to become a Kami?" Misa asked.

"This world is rotten, if I could become a Kami of true justice... then we can clean it up for good. I can be worshiped, praised and feared. Kira will become a Kami by the time this case is over... and I suppose if you're the second Kira you'd end up a goddess"

Misa smirked, she liked the sound of being a goddess dressed in goth robes roaming the skies. While her main motivations or this whole situation was to get Light to love her, being a goddess was a bonus. Light decided to keep his plan to try and infiltrate the high lands by seducing a Kami secret for now...

"A goddess? Well if it means being with you I'd gladly hold that power. Count me in..." Misa purred.

Mean while back in the hotel, you and L had dried off from standing out in the rain. Calmed down from the emotional moment and the power had come back on. You'd also shifted back into your human form to keep the giant wings hidden.

"Ok, while the files on the second kira tapes restore... I have something I need you to do..." L said.

You were up on a quick run to the aether to grab more of your magic supplies when the second kira hit. So you were a little behind but you knew what was up. And you weren't happy another Shinigami decided to join the party. This would make the other realms even madder when they find out...

L loaded up some blue prints, handing you his laptop.

"I'm having our own taskforce HQ built since the hotel method is getting tedious. The foundations are already done but rooms are being built now. You'll get your own floor so you can design your room" he explained.

"I can? That so cool! Thank you" you replied, placing a kiss on his cheek.

Blushing shyly he smiled at the affection. Happy to see you happy.

"I want your opinion too though, since you'll be with me most of the time"

"I will..?"

"Well yeah, I know for a fact you won't sleep unless I make you. So we're sharing a floor weather you like it or not. So you get a say in what it looks like"

"A-as in... sleeping in the same bed? And sharing rooms?" He stammered.

"Duh, we're a couple. Couples share rooms. Plus I want to keep an eye on you so you aren't touched by any pesky Shinigami. And you're getting more sleep weather you like it or not" you said.

His mind raced. Wow, he actually had a girlfriend... he was part of a couple, a relationship. One where he was cared for and protected. And sleeping in the same bed means cuddles... which he wasn't  necessarily opposed to, being touch starved and all.

"Well I know nothing about room decor, you can do it I don't care" he said.

"Well you're my boyfriend you still get an opinion. I'll make something and you can add to it ok?"

He agreed, watching you draw up the layout of the room and make a list of things you wanted in there. Mesmerised by you as you focussed. The whole time still a bit shocked by the fact he was a real boyfriend now... and he loved it.