Chapter 13 | messanger

Well... this isn't how you imagined L profiling Light.

You stood off too the side, Ryuk next to you as the two boys hit tennis ball back and fourth. Ryuk was still no help, he couldn't take back the death note and wasn't on your side. So you were kind of stuck here, you and L couldn't do anything until you had proof of the death notes existence without revealing your true form, and you'd need the location of the death note too. Lights obviously hidden it well.

So the facade of no deity involved continued for now. Until the taskforce and L could obtain the death note without any magic help, you were stuck.

"Bet watching tennis wasn't what you expected when you dropped the book huh?" You said.

"Nope, but it's actually kind of entertaining" Ryuk replied.

Ryuk was... a weird creature. Part of you was furious with him for causing this mess, but he was also kind of a bro. You had mixed emotions on him. Watching the endless back and fourth of the ball, you came to the realisation you'd never seen L so active before now. The underlying anger in his aura told you he was taking this tennis match too seriously. You were bored of it by now, you just wanted to go back to the hotel and watch a movie or something.

"Hey, (y/n)"

You looked up at the sounds of your name, looking around for the source.

"Did you just speak?" You asked Ryuk.

"Huh? No?"

"Then who-"

"(Y/N)!"

You turned to look over your shoulder, seeing a familiar winged goddess peeking around the corner of the nearest building.

"Zephyr?"

"Who?" Ryuk questioned.

Ignoring him you walked up to her. No humans could see her in this form, so you'd have to be careful it didn't look like you were talking to air. Zephyr was a fertility goddess that was assigned to show you around the aether when you first arrived years ago. She was like your guide.

"What are you doing down here?" You asked.

"The higher ups wanted me to send you a message, but we didn't want to risk doing it via mirror in case someone intercepted the message" she explained.

"What's going on up there?"

"The higher ups caught wind of you being down here, don't worry they're not mad. This is one of the few times they're ok with us interfering with humans. There was a meeting between the rulers of the underworld, MUs guardians, the aethers higher ups and the shinigami king the other day. To discuss how to deal with the souls and reincarnation system being messed up by kira. And the spike in death rate causing problems" she began.

Ryuk, seeing another atherial was down in the human realm wandered over to see what was happening.

"It was a mess, the MU guardians got into a fight with the Shinigami king for letting a death note end up in a humans hands. The higher ups in the aether got mad because they are the ones that have to clean up the mess with the reincarnation system. The rules of the underworld were beyond pissed because there's an influx of souls of these criminals being killed to deal with. A huge fight broke out, and it caused the Kami to get involved. The Kami sent down Aphrodite to defuse the mess. She's mad, really mad. Because all the soul and reincarnation problems means soulmates are starting to lose each other. She broke up the fight for now but there's major tension between the Shinigami realm and all the others now. But the point is, the Kami know you're down here and they know what's going on. Aphrodite said she'll watch you since you're also a goddess of love, and she'll warn you of something goes wrong"