Chapter 1

I've always been the girl that no one notices, the girl that no one cares to know, the one that no one cares to see. The girl that no sees the scars on, the invisible ones, the ones inside, or the real ones, the ones on the outside, the scars and bruises, the invisible girl.

Out in California, there are plenty of other people to notice, movie stars, rising stars, many more people than me.

I'm not noticeable in the way I look either. With dull blond frizzy hair and blank gray eyes, I'm not exceptional at all.

My personality? Silent, smart, and not outgoing. At home, these traits are what helps me survive.

Just like any other day, I was walking home from school. I snuck through the back door, carefully shutting it so it wouldn't creak, and ran upstairs.
Hopefully she wouldn't notice.

I was wrong.

"Annabeth! Get down here now!"

I walked slowly down the stairs, dreading what would happen next.

My dad travels a lot so he isn't home to see the true colors of her. Helen, my stepmom.

She loomed over me. Her breath reeked of alcohol, a crazy look in her eyes.

"Honey, it's time for your punishment."

I stifled a whimper.

She smacked me, hit me in all the places that could go unoticed, unseen.

I beared it silently. I wouldn't let her get the satisfaction of seeing my pain.

I never fought back anymore. There wasn't any point, because no one noticed.

She's hated me from the very first minute she married my dad.

If I fought back, she'd hurt me even more. She threatens to tell my dad crazy lies about me. I don't want that. I don't want to lose his trust even more.

I tried to tell him, but he doesn't believe me. Helen covers up the abuse with her lies. My dad believes her over me and I'm his daughter!

Even my two stepbrothers don't see her true colors, and they've lived with her all their lives.

I crawled back up the stairs, new bruises blooming on my body.

I layed on my bed, and broke down in tears. I sobbed and buried my head in my knees.

Why does life have to be so unfair? Why don't they believe me? Why can't I get out of this place?

I cried myself to sleep.

AN Hey! This is a new story I made. I think you are going to like it. I've already written a couple of chapters. Also, today is Christmas Eve! I can't wait for tomorrow! I'll post tomorrow on this story too, so enjoy!

Yours in demigodishness, and all that. Peace out.