Christmas Morning

This chapter will switch between locations. When it is switching to the Burrow there will be --- and when it is switching to Hogwarts there will be ***

***

Pansy looked at the clock sitting on the sideboard, a glass globe with a gold metal ring on the inside with numbers engraved into it and a magically levitating set of hands which told her what time it was, and it said 6:00 AM. It was a gift from Hermione's mother long ago, and her favourite possession. The perfect time to wake Hermione up on Christmas morning.

She crept into her bedroom, having been given permission to be here from Ginny. She didn't think Ginny knew she would be here from 3 AM though...

She tapped Hermione lightly and she gave a muffled groan and rolled over. She giggled, time for some fun. Hermione had an alarm clock which she set for 6:15 everyday, including holidays, because she had some muggle belief about consistent sleep. Pansy had a full length mirror for admiring herself in. Pansy took her alarm and set it for two minutes from now - 6:02.

She left it in its usual spot, propped up the mirror in front of Hermione , and left.

---

Ron's PoV

I left Blaise's gift under the tree and then quickly slipped under the covers beside him. I leaned in close, and whispered in his ear, "Blaise. Blaise." He didn't respond to that or poking, so I was left with no choice. I snuck back out from the bed and muttered, "Aguamenti," and then a second later, "Caloris."

That way Blaise had no proof I'd done anything. He shot up out of bed and then squinted at me, like he knew I did something. I smiled innocently.

"Merry Christmas!" I yelled cheerfully, and hauled him out of bed. I passed him his present, a small object wrapped in silver. He opened it cautiously, and when he saw what was inside he gasped with delight, his rounded  glasses slipping down his nose.

***

Hermione's PoV

I heard my alarm go off and I groaned sleepily. I opened my eyes, looking forward to Pansy's reaction to her present when I screamed at the sight of an unfamiliar face in my bed. Then I realised the face was mine, and it took me a moment to realise what had happened.

"PANSY ABIGAIL PARKINSON!" I yelled indignantly, before getting out of bed and storming down to the common room, my silk button down pajamas embroidered with kittens flapping around me. When I saw her sitting sweetly with a pile of presents surrounding her, however, I couldn't stay mad at her. I grinned and went over to her, pecking her lips cheekily. An elegant green package floated down the stairs at my command and settled on her lap. She tugged at the mint ribbon and the supple green silk fell away, revealing a mug. On one side in simple but elegant writing was 'Do you have a band-aid?' and on the there was a picture that I had instructed Ginny to take. We were sitting beside the Black Lake, and the sun was setting, casting an array of pinks, oranges and purples across the deepening sky. We were silhouetted against the sun, my head on her shoulder and her head on top of mine, her arm draped around my waist as if it was made to be there. Pansy grinned, her eyes welling up. She ran to the coffee machine which the muggle-borns had bargained hard for, and filled it up instantly with coffee, and started sipping from it, clearly very happy. I grinned. (btw they got to move the coffee machine since they are the only ones there).

---

Ron's PoV

Blaise saw what I had got him- a red mahogany glasses case and a pen of the same wood. I saw the expression on his face and mistook it for disappointment and said, "it's not much, but..." I trailed off as I saw him tracing the engraving on the top gently. It had the words 'BLAISE ZABINI' over a stylised Z on the case and just his name on the pen.