Aggie, Go Away

"Alright, you wanna head to your dads now?" I ask JJ, after staring at the ceiling for almost half an hour.

"Yeah let's go."

We both hop in my truck as I await for directions from JJ, looking out into the overgrown grass in the marsh, It looks so cooling, I just wanna swim in it on this hot summer day.

"I'll show you where to turn." JJ says

"Alright, what do you want to listen to?" I ask

"Anything, just press shuffle on your playlist, and let's roll the windows down. I wanna relax before seeing my dad." JJ looks out the window, looking kind of depressed or anxious. I wonder if something's going on with him and his dad, hopefully it's just that they're in an argument or something.

While listening to some country, I try to make sure JJ is alright. I keep peeking over at any chance I get. He's just staring out the window, with no emotion. He's not being the guy I met the other day.

"Is something bothering you?" I ask, slowly turning down the radio dial.

"No, i'm fine, thanks." he says, in a husky low tone of voice.

"Okay, I'll leave you alone, but you're not acting like yourself." I say, continuing to look at the road.

"I'm good, you turn left up here and that's my drive." JJ says while pointing at the rusted mailbox up ahead.

"Alrighty then." I respond.

I pull into the gravel driveway and notice JJ's house is a little untamed. The grass hasn't been cut, the porch is a wreck, and beer bottles flood the driveway from the trash bins.

"Maybe one day you and I can come and help out your dad with the house? I love to clean, and mow grass, that's my OCD kicking in." I say laughing.

"Nah, he's got it on his own." JJ says, spilling out of the truck quickly and shutting the door.

I wonder what that's about...

I sit in the cool air conditioning, with my head spinning in circles thinking of Rafe, I miss him already and it's only been 2 hours since i've seen him. I just want to sit with him in the truck or on the boat, and steal a few kisses. He really stole my heart, so quick.

I watch JJ go to his room through the windows of the house, just to make sure he's okay, just because he doesn't seem to be on the best terms with his dad.

I see him walk out of the back door of the porch. He walks quickly to the truck.

"I got the goods." he says, opening the truck door.

"Awesome." I say with a bright smile, "It looks like it's getting darker out here, like aggie's coming..."

"Let's drive back to John B's, it's probably going to start down pouring in a half an hour or so." JJ says, pulling the weed out and sniffing it, "ahh that's good shit right there."

"I'm sure." I say, throwing the truck in reverse.
——
JJ's POV
This girl is honestly amazing, but it's like every girl I seem to be in to, untouchable.

Her blonde hair just falls too perfectly for me to have. She's just like me, she's not too girly but not too manly, just perfect ya know.

That's why I could never get to her.

She's so into Rafe, which I absolutely hate for her. She's so oblivious to how he and his friends are. They hate all of us.

Maybe one day she'll just see that he's not the one, he's crazy.