We Did It

We pull back up to John B's, with all of them watching us from the porch. It's almost sundown already. It feels like this day just flew by.

"Well hello boys." I say smiling, hopping out of the truck.

"How was your little girls trip?" JJ asks, "Any master plans on how to get us back?"

"That's for me to know and for you to ponder." I say, booping his nose.

"I'd put some old clothes on. We're going to Crain's house. We might have to crawl down that hole." John B says to me.

"Hole?" I ask.

"Yeah, oh that's right, I forgot you didn't come with us the first time." He says.

"Yeah, I haven't been there." I say, "but I'll go throw some clothes on."

I walk in the house and go back to the bedroom, searching through my clothes for my old bootcut jeans that I used to wear to the river back in Colorado. If we're going down a hole in the ground, might as well wear these mud stained jeans.

I throw on my stained black tank top, and weave my belt through the loops on my jeans.

I'm really not trying to wear flip flops over there, so I throw my old boots on. I grab a black hoodie too, just incase we need to cover our faces. You never know.

I pick up my old ball cap off the floor and flip it backwards on my straight blonde hair. I look in the reflection of the window to make sure I look okay.

I walk out to the porch, seeing everyone start to walk towards the van.

"You look like you came straight from the farm." Pope says giggling.

"Don't make fun of the hot girl Pope, jesus..." JJ says, "You should wear 'farm' clothes more often."

"In the Outer Banks? No." I say laughing.

"Let's hit it guys!" John B says, hopping in the drivers seat.

"Why'd you bring a hoodie, it's gonna be hot?" Pope asks me as I sit next to JJ.

"To cover my face. Gosh Pope do you think anything through?" I laugh.

"No, you're just better at getting away with things, or knowing how to anyways." Pope says back.

"Well my mom was a pretty sneaky woman, but she was a bitch too, don't really get that trait I hope." I say.

"You're far from bitchy." Kie says smiling.

"Alright guys, let's go over everything here." John B says, "You got rope?"

"Got it." Pope answers.

"Grappling hook?"

"No grappling hook. We're not Batman." Pope says.

"Pulley?"

"Check." Kie responds.

"Dark clothes, Alanna?" John B asks.

"Got it." I answer.

"Flashlights?"

"Check." JJ says, slowly trying to put his arm around me, but I put my arm up preventing it.

"All right, good." John B says.

John B makes his way to the old, snake infested looking house. He puts the van in park, and waits for us to get out.

"This, this is my specialty. Y'all have no idea what it's like to rough it in the woods i'm sure." I say, "Just wait until you see Colorado. This house has nothing on those woods."