Finally Alone

We start driving down the highway, waiting to see where Rafe takes me next. He hasn't told me yet.

"So, where are we going now?" I ask.

"Well I told you I would take you shopping, so I figured we could go to the outlets?"

"I told you that you didn't have to do that." I say.

"I told you all you have to do is model for me babe," He laughs, "but for real, I have a good plan for tonight. I wanted to take you out on a fancy dinner date, and we can get new outfits to wear, we can get all fancy together." He says, grabbing my hand.

"I can only get so fancy..." I say, joking.

He drives a little faster and rolls down the windows, blasting his playlist.

I take a look at my phone. It's feels like it's so much later than 3PM...

"I think you're really going to have fun later, I have such a good plan for us, and you're going to need a bikini, I just hope you're down."

"I'm sure I will be." I say.

I look out the window to the ocean side, waving my arm up and down out the window, getting some air.

"God, you're beautiful." Rafe says, moving his hand from my hand to my thigh.

"Oh stop it." I say jokingly.

"I'm so serious right now." he says, "you're gorgeous, smart, kind. I don't understand why you're with me."

"I don't understand why you're with me. You could have a beautiful, rich, jaw dropping kook girlfriend- yet you're with me, the pouge." I say as he turns the radio dial down.

"You have a big heart, those kook girls, all they care about is status, instagram, and money. You don't worry about any of that. That's what makes you different. That's one of the million reasons why I said I loved you."

"I'm not perfect." I say, "I have my problems, like we already talked about."

"You don't show them."

"Neither do you." I say, "Rafe you're different too. I'm telling you right now, If I told myself a month ago I was with a country club kind of guy, I'd probably throw up a little. You're not like the rest of them. You have a big heart too, a kind soul, and you live in the present. I'm honestly so jealous of that. You're also very confident, and show who you really are, and I love the person that you already are. I think we both help each other with our problems, and we need that for each other."

"I have more problems than you, you just haven't met that side of me yet."

"I would love you, no matter what side you throw at me. I promise you that."

"Really?" He asks.

"Of course." I say, "That's what you do in relationships. You work together on the problem, and you accept the other person for who they are, if you truly love them."

"I wish everyone else in my life was more like you."

"Don't worry about them, just do what makes YOU happy, I know it's hard, but you gotta do you."

"that was all really sweet of you, that's your heart showing." He says smiling.

"There it is, that big smile, the first thing I saw when I got to obx."

"So you were blind when you reached the island until you saw me smile huh?" he says, joking with me.

"Yep, completely blind." I laugh.

"We're almost at shops." He says pointing up ahead.

"I guess since you already have done so much for me, modeling a few things for you won't be so bad" I say, laughing.